I give you perfect WB ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiger Canon

Feb 27, 2008
I wrote this short PS tutorial a while ago,

check it out here

I find this technique works most of the time even in the trickiest situations, the quest shall continue to search for 1 all singing and dancing cure for all.:bigeyes:

enjoy

Update
hi all, I was pleasantly surprised by the response. I have had over 500 clicks on the blog daily and the daily highest no. of clicks was over 2000 to date.

I am in the process of writing up another short tutorial which I think will give you the 'most' accurate WB trick by the book, whether or not it pleases to your eyes is a different matter.

Essentially, it allows you to identify the shadow, highlight and grey point accurately on your photo. Well, I will explain more in due course.

Last edited:
Simple and useful. Thanks for sharing.

glad some of you find it useful, like I always say... none of the PS tutorials I have seen so far is set in stone. The more you explore, the better equip you are to 'dress up' or 'rescue' a photo.
just my2cent.

Woah! It works very well! You are now my new PS hero!

Once the curve adjustment layer is created, you can just drag and drop the layer on other photos that is shot under the same lighting conditions too. Instant WB correction!
Better yet is to create an Action for it. Adjust the opacity of the curve layer to suit your needs.

Last edited:
:thumbsup: Thanks for sharing....:cool:

nice. cool way to adjust wb. fast and accurate. but not always the most pleasing. but good if adjusting the jpeg wb. still prefer using acr to adjust the raw wb.

thanks...
i always thot the only way to adjust the white balance is to use raw file. Now I cannot also do it for Jpeg :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for this simple and useful method :D

Thks for the info.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: now no worries on those event shoot where there are so many type of light source...

Another (good) way to skin the cat. As flipfreak mentioned, the average result might not work always. In situations with mixed light sources and no gel filters for flash it remains tricky to set a WB that is pleasing. E.g. portraits "like" a slightly warmer WB setting.

Amazing!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:Thanks for sharing

amazingly easy. thanks for sharing!

this is really great!

I am posting a link in the u/w photography subforum. One of our biggest challenge is white balance underwater and most cameras we bring underwater has no RAW. I still prefer my "eye" adjustment as i like my colors richer but i must say the white balance you method provides is very accurate!!!!

I say again, no PS tricks are set in stone.

you will be amazed how well the 'Auto Level' fare when it comes to WB, give tht a try too. If you don't like it.... just hit ctrl(command)+z.

in the meantime, keep shooting and experimenting.

thank you for showing yr appreciation, will do another short PS when I have more free time.
:bigeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.