i find this odd

denniskee

Oct 26, 2003
bukit batok
Visit site
u see photog using tainya, cokin or other plastic filters. they r ok with using that, but not ok with using consumer grade uv filter / cp.

i not saying they r wrong since its personal preference, but just dont understand the logic.:dunno::dunno:

u see photog using tainya, cokin or other plastic filters. they r ok with using that, but not ok with using consumer grade uv filter / cp.

i not saying they r wrong since its personal preference, but just dont understand the logic.:dunno::dunno:

? cause the effects are more significant?:think:

i'm fine using gnd from tianya, but i'll not use the NDs from tianya. quality is way too different, results in uneven lights cause got uneven spreading of material...

cpl also got difference...

if its nt significant, i'm fine. once its significant i'll invest in something better. same for lenses. current i have no need to blow up big, or shoot under extreme conditions, so my kit will remain as it is.

beats me also.

for me, i use everything cheap. naked (no cost), or cheap filters.

beats me also.

for me, i use everything cheap. naked (no cost), or cheap filters.

what does your naked set consist of?

i will probably be investing in a cheap set too... maybe in 2 months time..

Probably difference in quality on those products... :)

Probably difference in quality on those products... :)

optical plastic vs cheap optical glass (i use "optical" meaning the manufacturing process involved, ie not any how back yard factory), which is worst? if optical plastic is worst, but user can accpet the IQ degrade, than why they cant accept low cost optical glass?

what does your naked set consist of?

i will probably be investing in a cheap set too... maybe in 2 months time..

i hope you are not looking for L lens, or what.

my lenses right now:

10-20 sigma
50mm f/1.4 pentax
70-300 tamron
fisheye 10-17 pentax
kit lens 18-55

i used to have 24 and 28mm third party manual primes, used for shooting street in london, got rid of them already :)

my lenses right now:

10-20 sigma
50mm f/1.4 pentax
70-300 tamron
fisheye 10-17 pentax
kit lens 18-55

i used to have 24 and 28mm third party manual primes, used for shooting street in london, got rid of them already :)

GREAT~! thanks..

okie, will Pm you if need any help with regards to the above.. better stop before we OT again.. haha...

optical plastic vs cheap optical glass (i use "optical" meaning the manufacturing process involved, ie not any how back yard factory), which is worst? if optical plastic is worst, but user can accpet the IQ degrade, than why they cant accept low cost optical glass?

Can't give u a exact breakdown. But I would suppose that a cheap glass may be worse off than cheap plastic... :dunno:

my lenses right now:

10-20 sigma
50mm f/1.4 pentax
70-300 tamron
fisheye 10-17 pentax
kit lens 18-55

just curious nightmare, have u used tianya's neutral density? not the gnd, the nd only. i'm getting weird purple casts. my gnd doesnt but the nd does;(

UV filter is on for a larger percentage of shots, thus making it have in a sense, a greater impact on ones photos?

I used to be a strong advocate of UV filters.
But ever since experiencing flare on my UV filters (especially with IR photos), and having the inside of the UV fogged up in rainy, wet weather,
I have come to realise that the front elements of the modern lenses are really not so fragile as to absolutely require UV filters.
Like what a few experienced members here have mentioned, they don't use UV filters.

Nowadays I have removed all my UV filters.
The hood will protect any side impacts.
And I know there will be nothing between my lenses and the actual scene to degrade the picture.
As for the GND's and ND's - I guess no choice. One can buy the best that one can afford.
But there will certainly still be degradation of picture from these GND/ND's.