I finally got my camera...

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeppie99

Feb 26, 2002
community.webshots.com
After much consideration abt which camera and 1st/2nd hand, I finally sprung for an EOS 30 new. Ultimately did not want to take the risk of 2nd hand stuff. Pretty satisfied! Canon got some extended 2 year warranty too.

Thanks to all who gave me advice.

I formally welcome you to the DARK SIDE
:D

So what's your setup like?

ah finally!!! welcome welcome!!! now that you've been 'converted', be prepared to get suckered into getting more and more lens, teleconverters, filters, flashes, tripods... the list goes on and on and on and on.... :D

Originally posted by firefox13
ah finally!!! welcome welcome!!! now that you've been 'converted', be prepared to get suckered into getting more and more lens, teleconverters, filters, flashes, tripods... the list goes on and on and on and on.... :D

not to mention the upgrades.... i now feel like upgrading to a EOS 30, after only 9 mths with my EOS 300 :D

:) Four months later u will consider a D60, like my case...

How about the slide u took last time?

btw, your first lens should be a 70-200/f2.8 instead of 50mm if you want to shoot nature stuff. Be prepared to spend more and more, it's always like that.

congrats yeppie! so now what we await is some pictures from you and your new acquisition. :D

Originally posted by tomshen
btw, your first lens should be a 70-200/f2.8 instead of 50mm if you want to shoot nature stuff. Be prepared to spend more and more, it's always like that.

How much did u pay for ya 70-200/f2.8??

My setup now is a humble EOS 30 and 50mm/f1.8. Not a bad combination actually. It can focus quite near, so can do a few 'close ups', like dog portraits. Now I'm considering an inexpensive zoom lens, like 70-200 f4 or something.

btw tom: the slides were great! i love slides now.... that roll only 2 underexpose, the rest good. Mainly because the dogs were VERY obedient. Can keep quite still.

Originally posted by Goose

How much did u pay for ya 70-200/f2.8??
Hi goose, a new Sigma 70-200/f2.8 should be around 1200+, 1.4x TC 240, and 77mm multi-coated UV filter a few dozons. All three less than 1550, cheaper than a second-hand Canon white 70-200/f2.8. It's a good buy if on budget.

Yeppie, the only 70-200/f4 is from Canon and not cheap compared to Sigma 70-200/f2.8. I considered it b4 but finally preferred to f2.8 and it proves that my choice is correct. F2.8 for a 70-200 is very IMPORTANT! For now I use 70-200 almost 90% time, under various light condition, a F4 is not fast enough to me IMO.

I am glad to hear that you had good result with slide, enjoy!

i disagree... u will still need a basic zoom lens like the 28-105mm for shots varying from wide angle to short telephoto for general work.

i know there is one 28-105mm II USM on the Buy/Sell forum selling for $300

Hi goose, a new Sigma 70-200/f2.8 should be around 1200+, 1.4x TC 240, and 77mm multi-coated UV filter a few dozons. All three less than 1550, cheaper than a second-hand Canon white 70-200/f2.8. It's a good buy if on budget.

thanks for answering my question!! ;)

geez, i dun even dare think how much the 70-200/f2.8L cost!! Wat's your setup by the way??

Watch out, my own photo gallery will be out soon. I have a section to talk about my setup...

Watch out, my own photo gallery will be out soon. I have a section to talk about my setup...

Good!! I'll be waiting for it.....:D

Originally posted by Goose

geez, i dun even dare think how much the 70-200/f2.8L cost!! Wat's your setup by the way??

usually Canon lens is about 2x the cost of the Sigma lens .. :devil:

cost abt $2.4k

Originally posted by megaweb

usually Canon lens is about 2x the cost of the Sigma lens .. :devil:

cost abt $2.4k

Is that for 1st or 2nd hand??

2.4k will be the price for the new lens. However, this lens is replaced by the newer version with IS, which costs around 3k. It might be difficult to find the older version new now.

Originally posted by yeppie99
After much consideration abt which camera and 1st/2nd hand, I finally sprung for an EOS 30 new. Ultimately did not want to take the risk of 2nd hand stuff. Pretty satisfied! Canon got some extended 2 year warranty too.

Thanks to all who gave me advice.
[/QUOTE

Yeppie, where did you buy it? how much?tell me, please!:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.