I dropped my lens!!!

Prince Photogenic

Dec 11, 2010
i was retrieving my 50mm lens from my dry cab when i accidentally "lao chiu" N my lens ......

anyone had this before? anything happened to your lens?

Ouch! I hope your lens is still working alright. I've got friends dropping their lens with no functional damage incurred, just some scratches. I've also got friends who dropped their lenses and ended up with faults like AF problems, and cracked lens elements. There no way to predict whats going to fail or if its just going to be ok. :)

If unsure bring it to Service Center. But of course, clumsiness is chargeable :)

i was retrieving my 50mm lens from my dry cab when i accidentally "lao chiu" N my lens ......

anyone had this before? anything happened to your lens?
how high is your dry cabinet?
basically, what height did your lens fall from to the ground?

oh man...

it was not high. i placed it on the ground. the height it dropped couldnt have been more than say 40cm..

oh man...

it was not high. i placed it on the ground. the height it dropped couldnt have been more than say 40cm..
Seems like it's fairly low and shouldn't (I use that word with much trepidation :bsmilie:) be an issue.

but such things are really heng-suay...
I hope everything is ok.

Visual inspection?
Mount on camera and test?

seemed like it took a bad tumble though.. can drop and bounce somemore..

did a visual check for cracks; looks ok. did not have the chance to mount it yet. shall do so tonight.

hope your lens is alright.

guess you can only know when you mount it, do some AF, take a few shots, see if the focusing is still ok.

Good luck!

Dropped my Nikkor 18-55 once and it far to scary for me to dropped it again

You got to bring it to a service center if you want to check the Inside of the lens and maybe ask for a Repair

My Lens survived the drop when i was changing Lens while standing up with My Nikon Given Camera Bag as Improvised Table

i tried yesterday, it looks ok. =)

Thanks bros for your concern. :D

I dropped my 50/1.4 from 1.5m to the marble floor, no issues whatsoever ...
YMMV ...

guess u have to mount it and do some shoots to see if there's any issue...

once i was changing lens and place my 50 1.8 (canon) on the floor next to me, this guy walk by and accidentally kick it... it tumble and roll and bounce about 2 metres... and despite the less than ideal construction of canon 50 1.8, it still works perfectly. :D

You have to check for focusing problems or small scratches or cracks. If so, you can bring the lens for repair.