"I don't pose my subjects; I inspire them"

Status
Not open for further replies.
i kowtow to the rocks when i shoot them. :heart:

as for inspiration.. er.. well, they stay rocks. just the way i like it. :D

alternatively, when i shoot felines, i make sure i stroke them until they smile :D :D

i kowtow to the rocks when i shoot them. :heart:

as for inspiration.. er.. well, they stay rocks. just the way i like it. :D

alternatively, when i shoot felines, i make sure i stroke them until they smile :D :D

like to see what happen next of photographer when he stroke a xxm during a shoot. :bsmilie:

Brilliant statement that I read somewhere, but how does one inspire their subject? Can anyone share some pointers?

Sure. Start by really talking to your models and getting to know them. Show them your good work and let them see how good you can be and how good you can make them look. Smile a lot and make friends with them. And during the shoot, keep giving them visual feedback (as in show them your good shots) and praising them for carrying it off.

Involve them as partners in the creation of your masterpieces. I join organised shoots here from time to time, I see a lot of people who hardly talk to the model, who just ask the model to look here and look there, then machine-gun 5-10 shots at 6 fps, and never even say thank you to the model. Obviously, you're not going to get inspired shots from a model if you treat them like robots.

Last edited:
Sure. Start by really talking to your models and getting to know them. Show them your good work and let them see how good you can be and how good you can make them look. And during the shoot, keep giving them visual feedback (as in show them your good shots) and praising them for carrying it off.

don't keep showing them the shots... it breaks the momentum and flow not to mention make you lose control and credibility. what you should do is keep giving them positive reinforcement. you only show them visual feedback at the end of the session or if you're trying to get that one pose just right. ALWAYS KEEP TALKING DURING YOUR SHOOT. Alot of guys forget this and just shut up and expect the model to auto pose.

Brilliant statement that I read somewhere, but how does one inspire their subject? Can anyone share some pointers?

you can show them how to pose.

for example, if you wish them to box themselves with their tongue sticking out from the side of their mouths..

you can do the same and inspire them too! :)

like to see what happen next of photographer when he stroke a xxm during a shoot. :bsmilie:

will like to see what happens when Nightmare strokes a XMM on a shoot.

087.gif

Indeed, posing is an interesting art which need both parties to do well. i had seen photographers request pose from models by moving their eye balls and twitching eyebrows. i had also seen cheeky uncles physically touching models at the chest and upper thigh areas to pretentiously put them into position (oh well, they got away with the cane).

however, on the serious side, if one is in modeling agency, he/she will know how frustrating it can be to pose new models and how the lead models rake up in a rage and verbally abuse the new talents.

A nice pose need not be comfortable and a photographer is supposed to be able to freeze a pose by filming at the right timing. sometimes a shoot ends up sour when the freenlance models felt it too tiring to pose properly since they are only paid to smile like a 5 year old.

A nice pose is not just a pretty face. it is the chemistry that builds the mood and the mood to be frozen within a frame.

working with a professional model is usually smooth and working with xmm is fun.

The gahmen will ask Nightmare "How many strokes do you want"? :bsmilie::bsmilie:

This is nightmare we're talking about here. The XMM will ask for more.

This is nightmare we're talking about here. The XMM will ask for more.

XMM will ask for more and then get him stroked after that. Double nightmare. :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.