"I don't give a hoot" Central Asia + Europe travel

ManWearPants

Jul 14, 2008
Singapore
After being inspired by Pupuce to do a self/world discovery, there is motivation to stop what I am doing, save every cent and do a travel till my pants drop.

Read about her thread here and here

I do not have a clear picture where I want to go. The route along Trans-Siberia railway looks a possibility. Check out another forumers journey along this route here . I also hope to do a fair bit of Europe along the way.

Duration - 3-4 months. Likely May - August or September 2011. Since the world is suppose to end in 2012 :)

Cost...I really don't know since everything is fluid at the moment. I would estimate between S$10-20k. But like a credit card company says, " The journey.... invaluable" So for those who think that the experience is worth more than money.

No.of people: 2 to go and I will cap at 4 as anymore is too big a crowd.

As this may require a big decision to get away so the need to put this thread up first. The detailed itineries may be sorted out along the way. In fact, this travel may be just like this thread. Plan along the way :) Expect for the unexpected.

Like I say, things are rather fluid at the moment. The heart is willing and the mind is strong now. But things may change. Anyway, whatever happens from now till then, at least the things that has been planned in this thread will come in useful for anyone who is facing mid life crisis, wants to get away from it all, I don't give a hoot anymore and want to travel till the pants drop.

Last edited:
Oh my gosh........ I am sooooo happy to hear this!
3 cheers to I dont give a hoot travel!

Stay strong.. and tune in to my thread to stay motivated.

Ps-I have plans for central asia too, if our timing coincide, we might meet in another part of the world :devil:

Manwearpants,
I just got the latest LP gide for central Asia.. So exciting, even just to read the book :)

Manwearpants,
I just got the latest LP gide for central Asia.. So exciting, even just to read the book :)

The planet is not that lonely. No need to read LP lah :). I am using the WWW to dig for info. Anyway, since you bought the book already. What is considered Central Asia? All the countries ending with tan, Siberia, Mongolia, Nepal, Tibet, China?

Only the tan family is consider as Central Asia!
Kazakhstan ( a friend of mine went there recently,gorgeous and unpoilt of course)Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Afghanistan (this one I think I will sit out till situation gets better):devil:

Kazakhstan ( a friend of mine went there recently,gorgeous and unpoilt of course)Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Afghanistan (this one I think I will sit out till situation gets better):devil:

I will stick to safer countries at the moment. Intend to make a super super long trip from next year

I will stick to safer countries at the moment. Intend to make a super super long trip from next year

Are these countries unsafe? (except the last one that we all know) I heard of some stories but I would assume they are generally tourist friendly, no?

Besides Afganistan, I am not aware of extreme danger in the other countries. of course political unrest is highly possible but it will be a case of being at the wrong place, wrong time.
I have a friend who went to Kazakhstan - gorgoeus and unspoilt.. let's do it before it becomes conjested. (just look at Bhutan and even with the tourists control, the country has change in ways they've not expected)