Not open for further replies.

dominator

Mar 7, 2005
Amazon Forest
Hi all, what is the name for it?
Don't believe that such big size "fellow" exists in Singapore! :bigeyes:

Pardon my newbie photo ;p All comments or critiques welcome :D

5a26e7fd.jpg

the pic seems to jump out of my lcd screen!! your focussing seems to be spot on... the eyes..
mind sharing the settings? any post processing?

Yes, it's big,where did you took this?

Hehe.. an iguana!

wa ka ka ka ka ..

If you saw it in the wild, I hope you called the police.
Might be someone's discarded pet.

:thumbsup:

dominator said:
Hi all, what is the name for it?
Don't believe that such big size "fellow" exists in Singapore! :bigeyes:

Pardon my newbie photo ;p All comments or critiques welcome :D

5a26e7fd.jpg

you newbie?? come on...!! :bsmilie:

Reno said:
you newbie?? come on...!! :bsmilie:

We are all newbie mah... , only a few say that they are pro. ;p

if u really took it out in the wild..

from the looks of it.. it seems to be doing well.. :bsmilie: healthy looking..

this types are very popular pets with pp in other countries...

GENO said:
We are all newbie mah... , only a few say that they are pro. ;p

you newbie?? then where am i standing... "looking around" ..... :cry:

It's a rhinocerous iguana I think... native to south america... if it's loose in public it is a pretty dangerous creature... the bite is very nasty while the tail packs a wallop strong enough to knock out a full grown Alsatian.

BTW, great shot... how far away were u from this iguana?

Yeah NEWBIE the newbies ;)

it should be consider to be wild. i think it will be worth a great deal of $$$ :bsmilie:

was at sungei buloh to see look, had a bad day as it was overcast and raining. was walking out when :bigeyes: that creature appeared, about 20ft or less nearby me!

Action time!!!

Good work.

Did you squad or prone down? I feel it's bodyline quite distracting though.

But the eye gives the message "WTF are you looking at?" is very clear cut.

dominator said:
Yeah NEWBIE the newbies ;)

it should be consider to be wild. i think it will be worth a great deal of $$$ :bsmilie:

was at sungei buloh to see look, had a bad day as it was overcast and raining. was walking out when :bigeyes: that creature appeared, about 20ft or less nearby me!

Action time!!!

Should report to the reserves management. It is not a native creature and will destroy the local ecology.

It is called a green iguana. Pretty gentle creature, used to carry it on my back and take him out for a walk on the park (but those nails..... DAMN it when it move around cuz it scratch deep!!!!). I had to donate it to the zoo when I came down to Singapore. It was about 4 feet long when I donated it to the zoo. Kinda miss that little bugger :cry:

Hmm iguana...really beautiful iguana.
Hopefully I ever have the chance to see it again! Call the park authorities?

But as said, it is quite healthy looking...maybe catching it will do it harm in captivity.

Lotsa discarded green iguanas popping up all over the island. They are hardy and vegetarian, so they'll definitely fare well in our reserves, which could be detrimental to the local ecology.

Most people buy them when they're small, not realising they can grow to 2m+ from head to tail. Singapore is becoming a hub for illegal wildlife trafficking, really hope the govt can do something to tighten up the laws.

zooish said:
Lotsa discarded green iguanas popping up all over the island. They are hardy and vegetarian, so they'll definitely fare well in our reserves, which could be detrimental to the local ecology.

Most people buy them when they're small, not realising they can grow to 2m+ from head to tail. Singapore is becoming a hub for illegal wildlife trafficking, really hope the govt can do something to tighten up the laws.

Agree.... very irresponsible to discard pets in the wild.

dominator said:
Hmm iguana...really beautiful iguana.
Hopefully I ever have the chance to see it again! Call the park authorities?

But as said, it is quite healthy looking...maybe catching it will do it harm in captivity.
Don't call the park authorities. It is common there. I saw a couple of them swimming in the pond and rivers there. They are residents there by now. Just let them be.

Status
Not open for further replies.