I don't believe it! So big!


Status
Not open for further replies.

dominator

Senior Member
Mar 7, 2005
1,662
0
0
15
Amazon Forest
Hi all, what is the name for it?
Don't believe that such big size "fellow" exists in Singapore! :bigeyes:

Pardon my newbie photo ;p All comments or critiques welcome :D

 

nsalman

Member
Feb 20, 2005
488
0
16
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
the pic seems to jump out of my lcd screen!! your focussing seems to be spot on... the eyes..
mind sharing the settings? any post processing?
 

zaxh81

Senior Member
Jan 29, 2003
4,338
0
36
Earth
Yes, it's big,where did you took this?
 

rhair78

New Member
Dec 19, 2004
1,044
0
0
Singapore
rhair78.multiply.com
Hehe.. an iguana!

wa ka ka ka ka ..

If you saw it in the wild, I hope you called the police.
Might be someone's discarded pet.
 

DT_

New Member
Nov 4, 2005
883
0
0
:thumbsup:
 

Reno

Senior Member
Jan 22, 2005
2,323
1
38
Land of the Teddy Bear
dominator said:
Hi all, what is the name for it?
Don't believe that such big size "fellow" exists in Singapore! :bigeyes:

Pardon my newbie photo ;p All comments or critiques welcome :D


you newbie?? come on...!! :bsmilie:
 

GENO

Active Member
Jul 31, 2004
2,986
0
36
35
Teddy Bear Land
Reno said:
you newbie?? come on...!! :bsmilie:

We are all newbie mah... , only a few say that they are pro. ;p
 

~Arcanic~

Senior Member
Feb 27, 2005
2,671
0
0
Westy
if u really took it out in the wild..

from the looks of it.. it seems to be doing well.. :bsmilie: healthy looking..

this types are very popular pets with pp in other countries...
 

Reno

Senior Member
Jan 22, 2005
2,323
1
38
Land of the Teddy Bear
GENO said:
We are all newbie mah... , only a few say that they are pro. ;p

you newbie?? then where am i standing... "looking around" ..... :cry:
 

TME

Senior Member
Jan 19, 2002
6,580
0
36
45
Clementi
It's a rhinocerous iguana I think... native to south america... if it's loose in public it is a pretty dangerous creature... the bite is very nasty while the tail packs a wallop strong enough to knock out a full grown Alsatian.

BTW, great shot... how far away were u from this iguana?
 

dominator

Senior Member
Mar 7, 2005
1,662
0
0
15
Amazon Forest
Yeah NEWBIE the newbies ;)

it should be consider to be wild. i think it will be worth a great deal of $$$ :bsmilie:

was at sungei buloh to see look, had a bad day as it was overcast and raining. was walking out when :bigeyes: that creature appeared, about 20ft or less nearby me!

Action time!!!
 

megane2

Member
Jun 5, 2004
260
0
16
tonyhosm.t35.com
Good work.

Did you squad or prone down? I feel it's bodyline quite distracting though.

But the eye gives the message "WTF are you looking at?" is very clear cut.
 

TME

Senior Member
Jan 19, 2002
6,580
0
36
45
Clementi
dominator said:
Yeah NEWBIE the newbies ;)

it should be consider to be wild. i think it will be worth a great deal of $$$ :bsmilie:

was at sungei buloh to see look, had a bad day as it was overcast and raining. was walking out when :bigeyes: that creature appeared, about 20ft or less nearby me!

Action time!!!
Should report to the reserves management. It is not a native creature and will destroy the local ecology.
 

Milos

Member
Jun 4, 2004
263
0
16
49
Bishan
It is called a green iguana. Pretty gentle creature, used to carry it on my back and take him out for a walk on the park (but those nails..... DAMN it when it move around cuz it scratch deep!!!!). I had to donate it to the zoo when I came down to Singapore. It was about 4 feet long when I donated it to the zoo. Kinda miss that little bugger :cry:
 

dominator

Senior Member
Mar 7, 2005
1,662
0
0
15
Amazon Forest
Hmm iguana...really beautiful iguana.
Hopefully I ever have the chance to see it again! Call the park authorities?

But as said, it is quite healthy looking...maybe catching it will do it harm in captivity.
 

zooish

New Member
Jan 18, 2005
84
0
0
Lotsa discarded green iguanas popping up all over the island. They are hardy and vegetarian, so they'll definitely fare well in our reserves, which could be detrimental to the local ecology.

Most people buy them when they're small, not realising they can grow to 2m+ from head to tail. Singapore is becoming a hub for illegal wildlife trafficking, really hope the govt can do something to tighten up the laws.
 

TME

Senior Member
Jan 19, 2002
6,580
0
36
45
Clementi
zooish said:
Lotsa discarded green iguanas popping up all over the island. They are hardy and vegetarian, so they'll definitely fare well in our reserves, which could be detrimental to the local ecology.

Most people buy them when they're small, not realising they can grow to 2m+ from head to tail. Singapore is becoming a hub for illegal wildlife trafficking, really hope the govt can do something to tighten up the laws.

Agree.... very irresponsible to discard pets in the wild.
 

jbma

Senior Member
Dec 28, 2003
3,287
0
0
Tampines
dominator said:
Hmm iguana...really beautiful iguana.
Hopefully I ever have the chance to see it again! Call the park authorities?

But as said, it is quite healthy looking...maybe catching it will do it harm in captivity.
Don't call the park authorities. It is common there. I saw a couple of them swimming in the pond and rivers there. They are residents there by now. Just let them be.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.