I declare this THE official poster and motto of our Pentax forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vulpix0r

Oct 2, 2002
West
motto.jpg

:lovegrin: :sweatsm: :heart:

Anyone can tell me where to buy this to hang on my wall?

best marketing advertisement ever!!!!!!

I like it, and I really love the FA31/1.8 as well :)

Pity I never had a K1000 before. Started to take photos too late I guess ;)

hmm.. i thought that it's got a bit too much hubris

I would love to buy this poster too... because it describes me so well :) ... the K1000 was indeed my first SLR... I chose K100D as my first DSLR partly because the model number looks like K1000 from far... it's hard to forget our first love, I guess ;)

this motto is v nice but too long. any shorter and snappier motto? :)

haha...I "kope" a copy from their booth also,,,heh heh

Even though i'm using a Nikon, but this motto is well put off. Abit long, but it serve its purpose well.:)

its like pokemon.... collect em all! :D

can we remove the " offical digital cam of the internet" thing and replace it with the new slogan? Essential to the experience?

Why Official cam of the internet?

Instead of clever advertising, it should ramp up production and focus on getting their cameras into the hands of more people. To me price and camera features wise, the K10D and K100D are hands down winners compared to the competition, yet blur newbies still gravitate towards the likes of the D40, discontinued D70/D50, 350D/400D. It's always Canon or Nikon.

Why? Insufficient brand awareness and not enough product in the shops. One has to literally hunt down to find, much less buy a Pentax here because so few retailers carry the brand. While Pentax can make the claim of being the camera of the masses in the past, it still hasn't yet captured the imagination of the buying public today.

To me the "official digital cam of the internet" slogan doesn't do Pentax any favours - what's the use of a virtual presence only.

Instead of clever advertising, it should ramp up production and focus on getting their cameras into the hands of more people. To me price and camera features wise, the K10D and K100D are hands down winners compared to the competition, yet blur newbies still gravitate towards the likes of the D40, discontinued D70/D50, 350D/400D. It's always Canon or Nikon.

Why? Insufficient brand awareness and not enough product in the shops. One has to literally hunt down to find, much less buy a Pentax here because so few retailers carry the brand. While Pentax can make the claim of being the camera of the masses in the past, it still hasn't yet captured the imagination of the buying public today.

To me the "official digital cam of the internet" slogan doesn't do Pentax any favours - what's the use of a virtual presence only.

I think they are trying to create the awareness now..let's wait and see if they will bump up the production.

yeah, its always canon and nikon. for most newbies, even if they did hear about pentax, they will still go for C or N. Then most retailers aren't photographer and doesn't have good knowledge of pentax camera. They are only interested in selling what is most sellable, not what is the best tool to a photographer. If a retailer can sell 30pieces of D400 in a month compare to 3unit of k100d/k10d. Then why sell pentax?

If pentax is able to continue to innovate with good tools, they will be able to grab the more of the market share and awareness. Let their camera tool do the 'talking' while we continue to shoot with pentax camera. =)

cheerss...

Pentax K1000 was once the best selling SLR film camera, it's like 50% or more photo students had one of those. Pentax had to keep making it from 1976 to 1997. Pentax has made some other great film cameras too, especially its 645 cameras.

Pentax was once a big player in SLR film camera market. let's hope Pentax' era comes back soon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.