I-Cabi HD-20 Dry Cabinet

poppycrumbs

Mar 9, 2012
Hi All,

Got the I-Cabi HD-20 Dry Cabinet from the IT Show and am setting it up. However, dont seem to find any knob to settle for any fine-tuning. Only see a L, M, H switch to toggle the RH setting. Cant seem to find the user manual either. Might have misplaced it or dumped it together with the box.

Is there really a hidden knob for this unit? Or am I stuck with only this switch to toggle the RH levels?

Looks like the L settles around 20-25%, the M settles around 55-60% etc. H probably results in 'ponding'.

Thanks in advance!

Hey Poppy,

There's no manual. I thought I accidentally throw is away as well but actually its not in there. Set to L and will be to M at it will sets at 45-55%.

We can be fussy as these dry cabi is a cheapo ones...

Good Luck...

Thanks Shawn for sharing this info. I'm just monitoring the unit for now, but probably upgrade it soon. Realized just opening and closing the unit makes the indicator jump at least 10%. Might be simply due to the small form factor, or my room is just too humid.

Should have sold it off without opening.. haha.. seems others are selling at $80-$105.

Hi, just got one from Harvey Norman. I found no warranty card inside and called them and they said it is 5 years warranty. If anything happen just bring the receipt to the supplier.
Does anyone know who is the supplier for this I-cabi dry cabinet? Can't find it online though. Or I should insist they give me the warranty card?

Thanks Shawn for sharing this info. I'm just monitoring the unit for now, but probably upgrade it soon. Realized just opening and closing the unit makes the indicator jump at least 10%. Might be simply due to the small form factor, or my room is just too humid.

Should have sold it off without opening.. haha.. seems others are selling at $80-$105.

That is normal. No matter what kind of dry cab or what size, that behavior is normal. When you open the door, humid air rushes into the dry cab. So the humidity jumps. But when you close it again, the humidity will fall again. Equipment only get into trouble when stored in humidity for long periods of time. As long as the dry cab is working to reduce the humidity it is fine.

If you want humidity to stay constant even when you open the door, you should invest in getting a dry room, not just dry cab.

Last edited:
Don't we have enough threads, even sticky ones about getting equipment on IT shows? Less than 30min reading here is enough to get the idea and addresses of shops :)
If it's a freebie of cheap giveaway.. well then it is only cheap.

Thanks Shawn for sharing this info. I'm just monitoring the unit for now, but probably upgrade it soon. Realized just opening and closing the unit makes the indicator jump at least 10%. Might be simply due to the small form factor, or my room is just too humid. Should have sold it off without opening.. haha.. seems others are selling at $80-$105.

This is normal :) don't freak yourself out.

Leave the door open for a few more minutes and u see the numbers shooting up.

What's important is that after closing the door , the humidity levels inside drops.

I'm using a Digicabi AD060. Maybe some find it cheap but it gets the job done for me.

Hi, just got one from Harvey Norman. I found no warranty card inside and called them and they said it is 5 years warranty. If anything happen just bring the receipt to the supplier.
Does anyone know who is the supplier for this I-cabi dry cabinet? Can't find it online though. Or I should insist they give me the warranty card?
You should check with Harvey Norman who the supplier is. Haven't heard of the brand.

http://www.alanphoto.com.sg/catalog/product/view/372

i set mine to m or h it stays at 30-35%. Does it mean its not working right?

i set mine to m or h it stays at 30-35%. Does it mean its not working right?

the box is normal. u try to open for a few secs, it shd shoot up quite fast.

it will come dwn after a few hrs.

It is by Digi-Cabi?

If that is the case, then TS should have no worries, a lot of people have good experience with their after-sales service. :)

yup yup. im using the Db-036

but isnt 30-35% like not ideal? From what i see in forum ppl always say keep it between 40-45%. but my settings cant reach 40-45%

but isnt 30-35% like not ideal? From what i see in forum ppl always say keep it between 40-45%. but my settings cant reach 40-45%

i think plus minus 5 percent shd be ok. you need abt 4 to 6 hrs for it to normalise after you close the door.

Once you open the door, humid air rushes in, and you will see the number jump at least 10 percent

I have dry cabs set at 30-35% for a couple of decades. No problem whatsoever

i got a HD-20 recently. set it to H and got maximum 40%. it should be ok for usage right?

ok. thanks!