I bought the WCON07

Status
Not open for further replies.

airconvent

Apr 12, 2005
After weeks of waiting for a WCON07 or WCOn8, I went ahead I bought a new Olympus WCON07 instead. Was their last piece. Very good opticsbut $$$!. I tried the Vitacon x0.45 and it had alot of curvature but not the Olympus one.

One irritating issue that no one mentioned here is that the lens is so big.
When I fired the flash, it resulted in a semi-circle shadow at the bottom half of the picture. This makes the lens now useless for indooor shots like wedding photos.....very bad. Looks like I can only use this for scenic shots...

airconvent said:
After weeks of waiting for a WCON07 or WCOn8, I went ahead I bought a new Olympus WCON07 instead. Was their last piece. Very good opticsbut $$$!. I tried the Vitacon x0.45 and it had alot of curvature but not the Olympus one.

When I fired the flash, it resulted in a semi-circle shadow at the bottom half of the picture. This makes the lens now useless for indooor shots like wedding photos.....very bad. Looks like I can only use this for scenic shots...
how much u buy? hhaa thats why im going to get external slave flash soon..

u do wedding photos for ppl with this camera?

Congrats! Can share how much was the damage?

I think you can try using external slave flash, like the one unseen has. Still waiting for his reply to show us how does the flash mounts.

hi all,
the reason why I went for the FZ5 was the small size. if i had to attach an external flash, that would defeat the purpose..anyway, total damage was around $170...
hope to be able to try some scenic shots this weekend..

airconvent said:
hi all,
the reason why I went for the FZ5 was the small size. if i had to attach an external flash, that would defeat the purpose..anyway, total damage was around $170...

haha like tat bro, maybe u can go cash converters and see if u can get a second hand flash to go with your new setup

i just got myself a TCON-17 from one of the bros here, will be posting pics here soon

This is a known fact. You should do your homework first before deciding on what to buy. It's not the fault of the lens or the flash. In fact this would happen with most wide angle lens, dslr or slr.

airconvent said:
hi all,

around $170 for wcon07.
so anyone know the price for a wcon08? seems like nobody own one here...

erh...solly. But y need external 'slave' flash? is external flash = external slave flash? sorry for the dumb quest.

psx2sg said:
erh...solly. But y need external 'slave' flash? is external flash = external slave flash? sorry for the dumb quest.

Yes the external flash = external slave flash.

To enhance the on board flash if it does not throw enough light onto the subject.

psx2sg said:

External slave flash can also be use as external flash on cam with hotshoe mount.
Both work almost same except slave flash got the slave function to be use
on those cam without hotshoe mounting.
Thus a bracket is need to mount the flash beside the cam or on top.
Your FZ10 come with hotshoe mount, so no worry.. ;)

fuse said:
haha like tat bro, maybe u can go cash converters and see if u can get a second hand flash to go with your new setup

i just got myself a TCON-17 from one of the bros here, will be posting pics here soon

Always been to Cash Converter Bedok & Tampines but the flashes cannot
make it.

dominator said:
around $170 for wcon07.

Well, I bought my WCON-08 from B&S a month back for $90.
Think the B&S price is quite fix.
Was offered for $100 for a WCON-07 and $180 for WCON-08B
at the same time.

Huggable has got 1, about S$80 from ebay, shipped.

dominator said:
around $170 for wcon07.

WCON08b would cost a little more as its lens is bigger. However a step-up ring is required to attach it to the FZ-5.
donchua said:
Well, I bought my WCON-08 from B&S a month back for $90.
Think the B&S price is quite fix.
Was offered for $100 for a WCON-07 and $180 for WCON-08B
at the same time.

huggable said:
Huggable has got 1, about S$80 from ebay, shipped.

Ebay must depend on luck, IMO.
I did tried before but last min bid price always shoot up... :angry:
Sometimes the products might not be in good condition as what
have stated.. :sweat:

huggable said:
WCON08b would cost a little more as its lens is bigger. However a step-up ring is required to attach it to the FZ-5.

Forgotten thread starter is using FZ5.
But I was told that 62mm 08B will has better optic than 55mm 08.
It is ok for me as I don't use wcon offen.. ;)

now I feel real bad about the deal.
i did do research and know the second hand price is $90 but have been waiting for about 2 weeks and no offer in sight, so decided not to wait and just bough the 0.7.
only consolation is it does have good optics...no distortion that I can see on the lcd display unlike the vitacon 0.45....

airconvent said:

Hmmmmm....not in the recent thread that the folks here had this discussion with you, but certainly the issue of using internal flash with the WCON was highlighted in one of those earlier threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.