i badly need some help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

21BoyBoy

May 6, 2007
can someone tell me a good place to snap journalism photography in singapore within the next few days? night shots are not needed though. i really need some help, and thanks to all in advance.

woodlands road. capture the malaysian lorries and their drivers. do a human story out of it.

Photo journalism is very wide, what theme are you focusing at?

If it is only for some course works, can try Chinatown, little India or some old HDB estate.

can someone tell me a good place to snap journalism photography in singapore within the next few days? night shots are not needed though. i really need some help, and thanks to all in advance.

it's every where. get some newspaper and look at their pictures that tell stories. then go out take pictures that tell stories.

my 2 cent worth.

thanks to all who replied. i'm actually doing this as a project, and maximum of only 3 pictures are allowed. (eg. before, during the process, after) i was told to take pictures of people opening up their stall in the morning, have another shot of them selling, and one more shot of them closing their stall. but, i think this will be too common. so i need something out of the box (eg. before a match, during the match, and after a match), but this isn't easy to find, and i need it before the upcoming monday. so, um, i guess i badly badly need some help. once again, thanks a million for any upcoming posts.

There are many elders who are out there in the middle of the night opening rubbish bin and collecting cardboard. Their lives are common yet harsh and based on their age too. You can consider this as one. Take photo of them without face will be better or with permission. They dont open shop, they sell the collected stuff to the collector at specfic time only and they dont close shop. So is this suggestion acceptable, you decide. =)

You shouldnt find those who have shop, it too common to be unique. F&B, shooping center, retail sale line etc etc too common.

You can consider this few occuption.
-Taxi Driver
-Tradditional Market (Selling Fruit, fish, meat) See how they do it. More realistic.

Yup, hope you got more ideas. Good luck;)

why not? hey, thanks alot dude. appreciated!

21boyboy, you could have saved one day and gained one day if you had been more clear in your request.

No further comment. I refuse to feed the wide-spread endemic that allows sheer laziness and for all our young (and not so young) people to stop thinking.

Look at your own post very carefully and the few posts, and everything you need to equip yourself to find suitable material is there ... and you have the internet. All you have to do is LOOK and SEE.

All the best.

21boyboy, you could have saved one day and gained one day if you had been more clear in your request.

No further comment. I refuse to feed the wide-spread endemic that allows sheer laziness and for all our young (and not so young) people to stop thinking.

Look at your own post very carefully and the few posts, and everything you need to equip yourself to find suitable material is there ... and you have the internet. All you have to do is LOOK and SEE.

All the best.

well, the camera is not with me now, and i will only receive it tomorrow, so i guess i have not wasted any days. besides that, i've already gotten a topic for it and i'm heading towards it. i tried the internet, but to no avail (from the websites that i've been).

Thanks for wishing me all the best.

here's the bottom line,

i am not lazy.

well, the camera is not with me now, and i will only receive it tomorrow, so i guess i have not wasted any days. besides that, i've already gotten a topic for it and i'm heading towards it. i tried the internet, but to no avail (from the websites that i've been).

Thanks for wishing me all the best.

here's the bottom line,

i am not lazy.

OK, I believe you (if that means anything), and yes, I do mean it when I say all the best. ;)

It will be an adventure worth exploring.

CHEERS!

To create something out of the box, you got to think out of the box. Asking how to think out of the box doesn't really cut it.

Journalism can be really subjective to begin with. What's news to you might not be to another person. Ultimately, its about your perspective about things happening around. If you had to ask, then you haven't even taken the first steps yet. To look with your eyes.

I hope you can turn this into a fruitful exercise instead of another assignment which you submitted for the sake of submitting.

Fatal error.

You don't start at the moment you receive the camera. Journalism is about experiencing through seeing, formulating an method to tell your audiences what you see. You have to train yourself to "process" what you see regardless of having the camera in hand or not.

sun i think have an event for pets@east coast park.

Make sure you are clear about the story you are trying to tell before anything else.You have to know what you want.
And make sure you get your facts correct.Dates, names,location and all.Journalism is not about excuses, its about getting the story told, correctly.

To create something out of the box, you got to think out of the box. Asking how to think out of the box doesn't really cut it.

Journalism can be really subjective to begin with. What's news to you might not be to another person. Ultimately, its about your perspective about things happening around. If you had to ask, then you haven't even taken the first steps yet. To look with your eyes.

I hope you can turn this into a fruitful exercise instead of another assignment which you submitted for the sake of submitting.

Firstly, I thank you for replying. Secondly, this is my first time doing Journalism Photography. It is a free topic but the lecturer is confusing me with his defination of 'Journalism' and my defination of 'Journalism'. He didn't meant story-telling photos. Instead, he meant 'processing' photos, which meant things that take place accordingly. But I guess I finally have a topic for myself. :angel:

I really hope this will be a fruitful experience for me too, I will be setting out later. Thanks.

Make sure you are clear about the story you are trying to tell before anything else.You have to know what you want.
And make sure you get your facts correct.Dates, names,location and all.Journalism is not about excuses, its about getting the story told, correctly.

I will remember this. Thanks!;)

just to add something small but might be important. photojournalism is always best to have your camera with you wherever with you, if not at least a hp camera!

you never know when something might just happen before your eyes. :)

You could take lomo photos! That'll be unique. Haha! Or infrared? Tricycle riders also very poor thing... can do a story on them, talk to them, ride with them, let them earn some money also. Haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.