I am worried...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TsQ

Jan 27, 2002
River Valley
Visit site
Guys... it has been 3 weeks since I bought my G2 from AP, where after the following day I took it back to show them the scratches it got. They promised to replaced it once the stock arrives.. as u all know G2 been out of stock from AP and CP until now ... and most probably it will only be arriving this week or next...

Now, it has been 3 weeks (4 wks if it arrives next wk) since I bought it, are they going to stick to what they had promised me?

- a worried little boy :confused:

Originally posted by TsQ
Guys... it has been 3 weeks since I bought my G2 from AP, where after the following day I took it back to show them the scratches it got. They promised to replaced it once the stock arrives.. as u all know G2 been out of stock from AP and CP until now ... and most probably it will only be arriving this week or next...

Now, it has been 3 weeks (4 wks if it arrives next wk) since I bought it, are they going to stick to what they had promised me?

hmmm didnt you test it before you buy it? else how can the scratches appear, you were careless, should have checked properly...not doubting you but be since you are paying over 1k for purchases, dont take it for granted.

If i am a nasty non customer oriented seller, i will tell you that when i sold it to you it was perfectly ok without scratches, then u LL. AP is nice to promise you that, i say it is all between you and your seller, not a question that we can answer.

It was a scratch that is very small, but disturbing enough since its a stuff costing 1.3k... it was hard to see when i checked it. Also, they were closing when I bought it so I did not have much time to stand there too long.

anyway i just want to know, how is their conduct of business for cases like this. Maybe it had happened before, i dont know. But i went back 2 times 2wks ago they was nice and ask me to call and check for stock before coming.

now u are making me scared :(

I think they probably will exchange lar.. dun worry too much.

Originally posted by TsQ

Hmmm.....where's the scratch? If it's a tiny scratch on the body I don't mind cos sooner or later sure will get wear and tear.....but if it's on the lens then that's of great concern.

Don't worry too much...just remember to chk wif AP to see if the stk r in or not. :)

Originally posted by Jayan

Hmmm.....where's the scratch? If it's a tiny scratch on the body I don't mind cos sooner or later sure will get wear and tear.....but if it's on the lens then that's of great concern.

Don't worry too much...just remember to chk wif AP to see if the stk r in or not. :)

nah its not the lens, just the metal body near the lens.

thanks.. will keep posted on the progress :)

Originally posted by TsQ

Don't worry too much lah. You need proper lens to take good photos, not the metal body.:D

Originally posted by TsQ

Consider yourself lucky. I don't think most retailers in Singapore would offer a one to one exchange.

Originally posted by TsQ

Aiyoh! Nvm lar! Even if they dun exchange also ok wat.. scratch only ;p. When you bring your cam outdoor, your cam might get scratch too. Just make sure your lense don't.

But still... heart pain to see paying so much and get such problem. if u scratch it myself then i nothing to say lar..

Now i just hope that they won't not deny what they had promised, and that is what my main concern is... if they had stock that day they would have change it but now.. if now they dont keep what they had promised, kinda pissed also.

-still a worried little boy :(

Originally posted by TsQ
But still... heart pain to see paying so much and get such problem. if u scratch it myself then i nothing to say lar..

Now i just hope that they won't not deny what they had promised, and that is what my main concern is... if they had stock that day they would have change it but now.. if now they dont keep what they had promised, kinda pissed also.

hi, tsQ, not attacking you here but u kinda interest me to know
whats your character really is like...

i believe this is your character and personality in life,
you are a perfectionist and aim to do everything right,
you are one who cannot submit to flaws and always look for perfection in buying things, you seldom buy expensive stuff and
you have not had the luxury of owing camera bodies and a few lenses, possibly one of the 3?

cuz if it was just a scratch on the body, it is normal to me. I dont think i will ever think about asking them to do a one to one exchange, wont be in my mind.

If you have owned more equipment and a scratch also cannot then big problem leh, give and take mah, wear and tear part and parcel of life.

again, just pretty curious on how u reacted lor...

Originally posted by TsQ

Wait a minute. Its a scratch. Its not even a problem. If you ever use your camera long and well enough, its the least of your problems. Like I said, I'm surprised that you can actually get a one to one exchange in Singapore. If you can get it, fine, you're extremely lucky. If not how? Are you going to sulk over that scratch or use that camera? If a little scratch can pain your heart then you've got a million things to die for and life will be as miserable as hell.

Be a perfectionist but let's hope you'll also be one when it comes to taking photos.

Originally posted by JasK

hi, tsQ, not attacking you here but u kinda interest me to know
whats your character really is like...

i believe this is your character and personality in life,
you are a perfectionist and aim to do everything right,
you are one who cannot submit to flaws and always look for perfection in buying things, you seldom buy expensive stuff and
you have not had the luxury of owing camera bodies and a few lenses, possibly one of the 3?

cuz if it was just a scratch on the body, it is normal to me. I dont think i will ever think about asking them to do a one to one exchange, wont be in my mind.

If you have owned more equipment and a scratch also cannot then big problem leh, give and take mah, wear and tear part and parcel of life.

again, just pretty curious on how u reacted lor...

haha this is interesting.. u are right in a few points.

Yes i am a perfectionist...
but i always buy expensive electrical stuff as its my interest. However all my stuff are well taken care of, even my 3 yrs old DVD player looks like its just been out from the box... however if i caused a damage to my item them i would not be disturbed, but if the thing is new and it has a fault in it i will mind :)

Originally posted by TsQ

haha this is interesting.. u are right in a few points.

Yes i am a perfectionist...
but i always buy expensive electrical stuff as its my interest. However all my stuff are well taken care of, even my 3 yrs old DVD player looks like its just been out from the box... however if i caused a damage to my item them i would not be disturbed, but if the thing is new and it has a fault in it i will mind :)

Like I said, its a bloody scratch. Its not even a fault.

Originally posted by Kit
Btw, if a scratch on your camera is bothering you so much, then you're not taking enough photos out there.

Well said! :D

I would be more like TsQ. If I spend $$ on a new cam, and it got scratch on it...then I wouldn't want it.

Many say dust in lens or even minor scratch on the glass of a lens will not cause any degrade to an image. When you buy new lens, and there is tiny scratch on the glass, do you mind? Don't worrylah...it will not give any effect to you photos...just go out and shoot...if you worry too much...you are not shooting enough photos...shoot until you forgot the scratch...

When you buy a new Mercedes, and there is a scratch on the door. Don't worrylah...sooner or later you will get more scratches...and after ten years of driving...you wouldn't even notice the scratch anymore. Just drive...if you worry too much...then you are not driving your Mercedes hard enough. Worst if you send your Merc for repainting...you are just wasting your money...it is just a car...to bring you here and there...

Not wanting to accuse anyone of anything, it seems to me that by extending their free 64 MB CF card promo, but with no stock of G2... hmmm!!!

Anyway, I am one of those on AP's waiting list too...

Status
Not open for further replies.