i am surprised!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeTHaCk

Dec 8, 2004
Tampines
sorry if i OT or anything.. but felt this is the right place if not delete or move it please....

i just came back from funan to get my D90 and surprise surprise.. John and AP has no stock for it. wow. went down to HN as some bro here said has good deal too.. and i ended up with the twin lens version as they are out of stock for the 18-105!

I cant believe my ears and eyes. it was just yesterday(20thmarch) that i enquired both AP and john and they had ready stocks. wow. Honestly, even at HN there wasnt stock but the guy who attended to me despatched his staff to collect it from other outlet.

I didnt know that the D90 or any other brand for the matter of fact, is getting so popular :eek:
i see more people using DSLRs now then before ... maybe PnS will phase out soon... I wonder.......

Not too sure about the D90 situation ...

But i hink PnS won't be phase out ... it is almost an idiot proof camera and great for any cam-whore .... hahaha
Can you imagine them trying to do that with a DSLR.

Seriously ... i think a lot of people just need to take pictures for a record ... there is still a majority group that will not go the distance of a DSLR.

sorry if i OT or anything.. but felt this is the right place if not delete or move it please....

i just came back from funan to get my D90 and surprise surprise.. John and AP has no stock for it. wow. went down to HN as some bro here said has good deal too.. and i ended up with the twin lens version as they are out of stock for the 18-105!

I cant believe my ears and eyes. it was just yesterday(20thmarch) that i enquired both AP and john and they had ready stocks. wow. Honestly, even at HN there wasnt stock but the guy who attended to me despatched his staff to collect it from other outlet.

I didnt know that the D90 or any other brand for the matter of fact, is getting so popular :eek:
i see more people using DSLRs now then before ... maybe PnS will phase out soon... I wonder.......
No stock is a tactic used by many. Although John 3:16 is a nice store. The prices are a little high and the service for old time customers is dropping.

GMAN

Economy recovered . Yippie!

Seriously, looking at how people spend these days, I cannot tell the economy is going down.

Compact cams phase out? No way.

No stock is nothing surprising.

Over here, no stock is bad news, depending on what you order.

I've left my name a few times to be called when stocks are in. If I'm lucky, I get called back. Otherwise, it's bye-bye. If you want assurance, I guess you got to check everyday like how you brush your teeth everyday? Poor service.

Market here is too small, so every shop carries only limited items.

A bit digressed, following Ninja23xx's comments, I think many, if not all, of the usual recommended camera shops here are over-rated. Put side-by-side with the cheater shops in Sim Lim, maybe they look good. But judging on their own, I think they cannot make it for top quality service/consistency in pricing.

Last edited:
true to that... but maybe.. just maybe ... they will phase PnS considering that camera phones camera are getting better :D

Not too sure about the D90 situation ...

But i hink PnS won't be phase out ... it is almost an idiot proof camera and great for any cam-whore .... hahaha
Can you imagine them trying to do that with a DSLR.

Seriously ... i think a lot of people just need to take pictures for a record ... there is still a majority group that will not go the distance of a DSLR.

true, we cant expect girls to be holding up a 1dsmk3 then going to the toilet and standing in front of the mirror to shoot like always, or etc ;)

for girls, the simpler the better hence the PnS..

i think they are the ones keeping the PnS going :cool:

true, we cant expect girls to be holding up a 1dsmk3 then going to the toilet and standing in front of the mirror to shoot like always, or etc ;)

for girls, the simpler the better hence the PnS..

i think they are the ones keeping the PnS going :cool:

was at botanic gardens yesteday. many people shooting with dslrs.
i don't think its 50% - 50% split between male and female photographers, but certainly
there were many females using dslrs as I saw. One was using lens like 70-200L f/4 .

there was a class there yestday morning. the students were so eager to shoot.

Not surprisingly since DSLRs are so cheap nowadays even teenagers can afford one. I have seen aunties snapping away using the live view and holding it like a PnS as well. I think they're shooting in Professional mode. :think:

Not surprisingly since DSLRs are so cheap nowadays even teenagers can afford one. I have seen aunties snapping away using the live view and holding it like a PnS as well. I think they're shooting in Professional mode. :think:

indeed some of those at BG was holding as if its a PNS, or holding the lens as if its binoculars (hands over lens, not under).

Status
Not open for further replies.