I am new to Dslr and i need some help on some questions

Ha. Starting price of $1,600! That was one confident salesman!

Thanks all for Replying to my thread

I did not buy it because i want know more first
to skystrike: actually the converter not look like the one in the link but thanks for the info ^^

to esoeij: the shop is actually opp Mustafar center the "first" camera shop if you are walking towards maude road side

its more like some "projector shape
2011_angel_eye_projector_headlights.jpg

some thing like this round shape glass thing in half or like convex glass attached afew of them together

and the salesman keep mentioning this is good because got "element" but untill now i still dont understand what is "Element"

Last edited:
Oh i found something that looked more alike to the product he showed me

its like this magnifying glass thing and screwed on to my kit lens

magnifierA.jpg

Oh i found something that looked more alike to the product he showed me

its like this magnifying glass thing and screwed on to my kit lens

magnifierA.jpg
You should NEVER NEVER buy anything from this shop, and tell everyone you know not to patron them.

and the salesman keep mentioning this is good because got "element" but untill now i still dont understand what is "Element"

he's talking rubbish... :bsmilie: "element" as in "lens element" - i.e. the thing is made of glass :bsmilie:

Duuuude. Don't buy that ever lol. It lowers iq and screws up your shots and is not worth it's price at all. Don't buy man. Go to a proper store and see what an actual wide angle lens does, then compare and grief.

Judging by your questions... The moment you walked in there, the salesman saw "newbie carrot chop" all over your face.

We have a priceguides section with recommended shops. Never, ever, patronize that store again.

I feel that someone should start a standalone blog or micro site that lists down things to watch out when buying cameras and do's and dont's

Includes sample photos of items to buy and not to buy.

Market prices of common items

Links to reputable shops, authorized service centres, distributors, etc

This clubsnap forum can be too confusing for a newbie to search around for info.

Hands off from this crap an get away there, as fast as possible.
Get home, sit and relax, and tell us what you think you need. Make up your mind, be specific (not just "want to zoom more"), think about the type pf pictures you want to take. Then come back and let's discuss which gear could be of any help - if at all. Your kit lens should be sufficient for your first time where you learn the basics of photography. No additional lens will shorten your learning curve.

This clubsnap forum can be too confusing for a newbie to search around for info.

Problem is they never search. If you create that blog, i'll just be yet another resource that newbies never look for and we need to keep spoonfeeding to them.

A list of blacklisted shops citing how they attempt to do their unscrupulous practices would help newbies and innocent consumers... We should all play our role to deterred such places as much as possible.

A list of blacklisted shops citing how they attempt to do their unscrupulous practices would help newbies and innocent consumers... We should all play our role to deterred such places as much as possible.
It is a grey area to describe or label shops as 'black' ones and their business 'unscrupulous'. Legally, the sales man made an offer, TS declined and so it went down to lower offer, declining and so forth. Nothing wrong with it. The fact that the initially quoted price is far above the usual value is not an offense, although I share your sentiments fully. But, people happily pay $45 for a jug of beer where the costs are somewhere below $5...
What could be gathered are the different common practices to mislead customers into buying things they have not asked for. But it would be another sticky thread that the newbies have to read, in the first place.

$1600 can buy a real macro lens instead of using that crappy converter. But the good thing is that from the way TS's post was phrased, it seemed like he hadn't bought it... *phew*