i am lost, pls help...

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

littleheaven

hi,

i like to get a digital camera. did some research on few brand like canon, sony, nikon, minolta... now i start lost and confusing which brand and model i should go for it. And actually what are the things i need take in consideration? like the megapixel, zooming...i not a professional in photograph. my concern is the camera should be small, light, easy to used but yet i can learn( got any model is semi auto/or can set to manual mode?)..most important thing is the camera should have a housing for underwater purpose!!.

pls advice and welcome any comments..

thx

littleheaven

check ikelite.com for underwater housings.

thx Wolfgang & GitS...

For Underwater Photography, you might not need a heafty zoom, As you will need to reduce the water column to achieve good results.

As for housings, The cheaper ones will come from OLY and Canon.
OLY Housing are about 250+ coupled with the camera, you can get the C5050Z at 1500 with housing.

cheaper ones would be the OLY C50

Or canon A70 with housing at about 800+

Do note that these housings are positively bouyant, and thus will need counter weights for them to be stable underwater.

these housings are depth rated to about 30-40 meters and will be sufficient for recreational dives and snorkelling.

If you intend to go deeper/TECH, then it might not be enough.

Cheers
Hope this helps.

thx waisj. i will take in consideration per your comments. really thx.

One advice on using Digital cam with underwater housing... The inbuilt flash isn't powerful enought. Therefore, these cam will only produce good results if you're not deeper then 33ft(if I'm not wrong). Anything deeper then that and you'll find that the colour of your photos looks funny(turning greener the deeper you go). This is because water filters away colour. Think rainbows... The first colour that you'll lost is red... Therefore it's better to have a strobe light if you're going to use your digital cam underwater deeper then 33ft. There are strobes that's built for digital cam, Ikelite and Sea and Sea have some good ones.... Don't know if can get in singapore or not....

Status
Not open for further replies.