I am in Bangkok now, need some recommendation of interesting place to go and shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

newmemberz

Apr 3, 2005
www.noahphotography.deviantart.com
Hi all, I am in Bangkok now on a trip with my friends
I'll be staying until 11 sept.
I need some advise from you guyz of which interesting place to go and have a lots of shoot there.

Your advise is certainly appreaciated.
Pls do advise.
Thank you guyz!

acherly, i tink BKK itself nothing really much to shoot. if can go chiangmai there better, their mountainous landscape and their huge buddha relics...

spare some days for no-shooting, go sukhumvit soi 24 where a lot of pubs are, the massage parlors and fishtanks :bsmilie: , patpong for mrt poledancers ;) , MBK for their huge shopping ctr, and siam square where college students hang out....

newmemberz said:
Hi all, I am in Bangkok now on a trip with my friends
I'll be staying until 11 sept.
I need some advise from you guyz of which interesting place to go and have a lots of shoot there.

Your advise is certainly appreaciated.
Pls do advise.
Thank you guyz!

Here are some places to go if you like temples

1) Royal Grand Palace and Wat Phra Kaeo (next to each other )
2) Wat Pho ( on Thai Wang Road and contains a gigantic gold plated Reclining Buddha some 46 meters long and 15 meters high )
3) Wat Arun (Temple of Dawn) famous Chao Phraya riverbank landmark diagonally opposite the Grand Palace

Depends on what you like. If you like very scenic places, maybe Bangkok isn't exactly the best place. However, if you like to capture life in general or human, I think Bangkok is a beautiful place for that. Places like Pratunam market, Khao San, Chinatown (Yaowarat) and Chatuchak are nice places to take photos of locals going about their lives. I personally like Chinatown and Khao San.

Take a taxi to Grand Palace, walk around, then go nearby Chinatown, walk around, then go to river hire a river boat, tell the boat driver to bring u along the river for a 4 hours cruise.

Above should last u 1 whole day.

Bee Hedge said:
Depends on what you like. If you like very scenic places, maybe Bangkok isn't exactly the best place. However, if you like to capture life in general or human, I think Bangkok is a beautiful place for that. Places like Pratunam market, Khao San, Chinatown (Yaowarat) and Chatuchak are nice places to take photos of locals going about their lives. I personally like Chinatown and Khao San.

Hi, I'm going Bangkok too in Oct. Is there any thing to take note of in terms of cultural to watch out, especially when taking pictures of people etc....?

where's grand palace ah bro?

Hm...somewhere very near to Chinatown and quite close to ChaoPhraya river...can take a cab there...not very expensive...maybe you can get a Bangkok map or download GoogleEarth :thumbsup:

pls help define what is meant by "INTERESTING" and "SHOOT" in the same sentence, esp used in conjunction with the term Bangkok ;)

You can go to Chatuchat and Pratunam market. Lot of interesting ppl/subject to shoot :)
Shows normal life in Bangkok.

Also you can go to Baiyoke Sky Tower. You can see the aerial view of Bangkok.

thanx a lot for the overwhelming responses.
I just got back from the city and the big park in the city, forget what it called though.
Got some beautiful scenic view from the building.
I think next day i'll go to chatuchat market and china town. (idea from Cs-er) thanx!

Anyway, I just eat fried worm! yuckz, some of you may think.... but it's very crispy and taste good! They got cockroach and all that thing, but i think i haven't dare enough to eat those.

Keep inform me which place to go best, friends!
trying to make my trip worth.
Thanx, guyz! you'll are very helpful!

user12343 said:
acherly, i tink BKK itself nothing really much to shoot. if can go chiangmai there better, their mountainous landscape and their huge buddha relics...

spare some days for no-shooting, go sukhumvit soi 24 where a lot of pubs are, the massage parlors and fishtanks :bsmilie: , patpong for mrt poledancers ;) , MBK for their huge shopping ctr, and siam square where college students hang out....

Hey, I'll be going to ChiangMai two weeks later. Any particular mountainous landscape to shoot?

I second the floating market. However, its better not to take the boat ride and shoot from the bridge.

just shoot whatever that catches ur fancy .... :)
stephennguan said:
Hey, I'll be going to ChiangMai two weeks later. Any particular mountainous landscape to shoot?

Having lived there for 8 years, I still think that Bangkok is too colourful to be captured completely on a camera... Use your eyes to absorb the experience, let you camera do the talking... Nothing in Bangkok can't be photographed...

Status
Not open for further replies.