I am Disappointed, are You?

jameskkmok

May 16, 2004
Nice Sunday morning, met some shooters at the north carpark. As we walk toward the park something tell me somewhere wrong, go different way with them just to see those colorful babies. 10 meters before I reach that spot saw Ah Boon waiting there, he ask me where the location of those babies and I pointed to him. To my shock the leaf of home which the mom & babies were gone and nowhere it drop onto the ground. Serious look at at someone might have cut the leaf away,already in my previous post remind everyone who gonna shoot that don't cut & turn the leaf back to protect those babies. Not only we are macro shooters we are nature lover too, why take that away and harm those little one....so sad

4509934208_590a605496_b.jpg

See some of the branches being cut, can someone highlight it

Last edited:
Very angry those inhuman macro shooter who did this inconsiderate act. It is very sad thing this thing happen again. It is a tragedy to the mother bug and babies.:angry::thumbsd:

OMG!!! I really hate those people who do these sort of things for their own pleasure and satisfaction.

One was the butterflies and bees in SAM by that brainless artist, now it's our dear nature shield bug! :(

I am very very disappointed... and very very angry to the one who cut it. :angry:

Very inhuman, even if they are just insects, but they have life this insects helping earth to help the enviroment for human to live.

to help the enviroment don't hurt this insects who try to keep earth safe

This is a Outrage :angry:

Last edited:
Oh no... there's no presence of the stalk too.. looks intentionally cut off. Very disappointed... the parts with branches/leaves cut off look like its by photographers to remove blockage or backgrounds.. but why must the whole thing be cut off... here's the pic with highlights.

shieldbuggone.jpg

Uncle James hope u don't mind, I'd like to use this pic to highlight the errs of such behavior in other forums as well. Ok with u?

Last edited:
Outrage from most of the AP regulars (including me), we will just discussing this morning.. Who the hell did such an unpardonable act? :angry:

there are always idiots who don't respect the nature.

i am sure with you guys raising awareness things will be better.

keep it up!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup

OMG!!! Who ever did this is very very "bad hearted" :angry: These bugs is not belong to us! it is not our "personal" pets! It belong to the mother-earth NATURE!!

Thought that mayeb next Sunday 17/Apr we got AP outing may have a chance to look at the mama & babies..and now...nothing! we see nothing!! :cry:

this is definitely a disappointment and selfish act :eek: ...it was still there yesterday and can imagine how the mother bug felt when something like this happened....:(

sad, and so disappointed that someone can be so selfish.

Thanks all for viewing and support, thanks loboclerk for the highlight of the pic.

It could be some non-photographers or so-called intruders. Maybe it had aroused some "outsiders" interest to see why so many of you all shooting at over there. There are always some who always like to spoil the party.

Yes i m utterly disappointed and annoyed. I m against this selfish act too :angry:
That person should be :flush: down the toilet !

Actually i hv heard that some photographers cutting the left where the insect is and clip the leaf for a close-up shot. We should think before doing that, it is almost the same as what has happened to the mum & babies.

Please consider before we do anything that may harm the nature.

We should only bring back photo-mermories and leave behind our footsteps..and not destruction to the nature.

this song about earth if what happen to what we have done

[youtube]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-2F0HmajCwU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-2F0HmajCwU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Last edited:
Thanks again for the support

Yes, disappointed with the act to whoever did it. :thumbsd::thumbsd:

As macro shooters, you can shoot photos but please DO NOT destroy the nature living of these bugs and insects intentionally - especially the mother bug with its youngs.

James, you did the right thing to bring this to our attention.

:thumbsd:

It is very unfortunate that the sharing of location often leads to some mindless souls wanting their shots badly and doing things unethical.

I was very generous in sharing locations of rare butterflies publicly at one time. However, after a few bad experiences of unknown persons using these infor to vandalize the habitats, I had stopped doing so.

Bird and Butterfly photography communities are now very careful in reveling the exact location in public forum, and some even bar photos / location information on nestlings . Some have also adopted code of ethics for its members .

Code of conduct adopted might not be totally effective , but it does have its value in inculcating the right mindset of photographers.

For example:

ButterflyCircle code of conduct for its members

To encourage conservation and proper code of conduct in the field , perhaps for the macro photographic community here we can adopt some form of code of conduct.

Cheers

Last edited: