I am bored, so I went browsing the Model Directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadpoet

Oct 18, 2004
Got a shoot early tomorrow, so not going out tonight. Nothing to do on a Fri evening, damn bored.

So, I went browsing the CS Model Directory. This is the first time! :bsmilie:

A directory for models :dunno: I thought it would be obvious that when a model list his/her services anywhere, at the very least, a picture of the model will be posted.

to my biggest surprise, well ...
8 models cared enough to post a picture of herself, that is 8 out of 100. Of these 8, 5 also have a link posted, but 1 posted her blog, which is why do that?

Of the 92 who did not bother to post a picture, 49 of them actually posed a link, 21 are blogs, 1 needed a password (WTF), 1 is a broken link, and 1 is not a portfolio but a company website. That leaves 24 out of 92 with a portfolio link or 26.1%.

WHAT ON EARTH are the 73.9% thinking????

Can someone point out that blog =/= portfolio... especially those that are overloaded with (unglam) pictures which cause the blog to take ages to load. Obviously some do not know that it is important to only show the best pictures in their portfolio and not dump everything in the blog, expecting others to find a proper pic with the model's face. A blog can be seen as a portfolio, as well as a dumping ground.

Last edited:
you went to open all of them!

you must be getting old! :bsmilie:

you should give us more interesting statistics, like what is the percentage of xmm :bsmilie:

Can someone point out that blog =/= portfolio... especially those that are overloaded with (unglam) pictures which cause the blog to take ages to load. Obviously some do not know that it is important to only show the best pictures in their portfolio and not dump everything in the blog, expecting others to find a proper pic with the model's face. A blog can be seen as a portfolio, as well as a dumping ground.

No, because they'll STILL get paid shoots on here no matter how bad their blog pictures are or how plain, ordinary or even unattractive they may be.

Live pics mah! :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

I didnt know that there was even a CS model directory haha...

A directory for models :dunno: I thought it would be obvious that when a model list his/her services anywhere, at the very least, a picture of the model will be posted.

to my biggest surprise, well ...
8 models cared enough to post a picture of herself, that is 8 out of 100.

i think one possible reason is that the design of the directory in itself is not very user-friendly.

I remember initially, everyone was invited to submit their particulars, etc....
then after a while the directory was really but not much publicity was given till now, a really boh liao (really bored ppl) member bothered to look at it and provided us some insights.

OK, now I am trying to alter or upload my photo to my page, where and how to do it? :dunno:
if i cant do it, i dont expect the models will find it easy to do it too.....

S O S mods...:sweat:

OK, now I am trying to alter or upload my photo to my page, where and how to do it? :dunno:
if i cant do it, i dont expect the models will find it easy to do it too.....

S O S mods...:sweat:

YOU MODEL! :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

If you join the club. BTW, is he still involve? I know I have not been joining the club activites for sometime liao. :embrass:

got club? :bigeyes::bigeyes:

what club? uncle model club? :bsmilie:

I think he should be stepping in soon. :think:

maybe he will be the Founding Father of Clubsnap Uncle Modelling Club.

;p

one thing's for sure, we will definitely get much better links in the model directory from the members of this new club.. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.