i am a one thousander!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoho85

Dec 1, 2009
West
finally made up my mind and hooted the 1000d today.

thanks for all the help ppl in this forum have given me. especially on spot metering and other features..

and the ultra friendly staffs at ms color helped me to finalise the buy btwn 450d and this.

i still need many help from the pros here.

pls many many point teach! :)

welcome! and shoot as much as possible. :D

congrats!

finally buying the camera is not the end... it's the beginning of a wonderful experience of capturing wonderful images

enjoy!

Congrats! Haha. and yeah, like adamadam said, take as many photos as you can. By doing so, you will know what setting/exposure is suitable for what kinda photos. :)

haha thank you adamadam, xander5480, TheChef, photoart, tehzeh.

Why not 450D?

I went to the shop with the doubt of "450d OR 1000d".. thinking that the staff will probably recommend me the more expensive model, or maybe talk me into getting the more feature model.

However things turn out the other way. what they told me is that 450d is actually no different from 1000d. regarding spot metering, 3 of them(old and young) told me they seldom use spot metering. they think partial metering or flash is enough to do the job, unless i really take super macro shots that need alot of precision.

Then regarding af pointsthey also said, 7 or 9 no diff. 450d has af 2.8, while 1000d is 5.6 or something like that. but the end result difference in the accuracy of focus is not visible by bare eyes.

Since they talked me through these 2 main concerns of mine, i decided ok "Pay!"

And their service is really 无得顶. Even friendlier than my relatives. lol.

sounds like they pushed u a slow moving item..

haha slow moving or not, I think this camera will be enough for you to learn the basics of photography. And as you advance, you would want to have higher end equipments so your first camera isnt that important. Haha. (Don't regret okay.. haha I know it's very inevitable.. it happens to me at times..)

hmm its alright. entry lvl dslr to me alright la. i think is more puzzling why they nv even try to make me get the more ex camera when i said my budget is 1000.

i believe 450d is even more slow moving. cos they pushing 500d to one customer instead, when a guy wanted 450d. end up he hoot 500d.. :)

hmm its alright. entry lvl dslr to me alright la. i think is more puzzling why they nv even try to make me get the more ex camera when i said my budget is 1000.

i believe 450d is even more slow moving. cos they pushing 500d to one customer instead, when a guy wanted 450d. end up he hoot 500d.. :)

u wrong. cos 450D going to be out of line soon. and its probably they dun have much stocks left also to clear.

1000D is a not so popular model (go see BnS section, alot dumping their 1000Ds).

they push u this model so they can get ride of the stock they have lolz.

the difference is not big, $100-200+ but i get more features. larger lcd screen, spot metering and 9 focus points. ;p

u wrong. cos 450D going to be out of line soon. and its probably they dun have much stocks left also to clear.

1000D is a not so popular model (go see BnS section, alot dumping their 1000Ds).

they push u this model so they can get ride of the stock they have lolz.

the difference is not big, $100-200+ but i get more features. larger lcd screen, spot metering and 9 focus points. ;p

haha.. ya bro, its what u pay for to enjoy those features. but i wont regret la, i will make full use of what i have at the moment. haha:bsmilie:

Hi, congrats on your new camera. Agree that entry level dslr does not matters alot as there are just about the same spec and the next higher spec is always just a few hundreds away... you need to take into account the cost of accessories when you buy the camera so essentially, only half of your budget is on the body and the rest on lens, filters, tripod, flash, etc.

I was reading lots of reviews on Dpreview.com when I was choosing my camera and finally decided on the 500D simply because it performs slightly better at higher ISO as on my previous prosumer, I had nightmares on lowlight or night shooting at high iso.

One thing that I would suggest now is to know the flaws in the camera instead of the features because if you know what are the flaws you can make adjustments to avoid situations that will result in bad picture quality. BTW spot metering to me is important because personally I felt that it can gives me better bokeh effects but this is purely personal shooting genre preference. :)

Don't need to second-guess your purchase since you've already spent the money. Just take lots of pictures, learn in the process, and enjoy the experience. Photography is all about having fun capturing the moment, not so much on having the latest and the greatest equipment.

Now that you've bought your 1000D, stay away from CS threads trying to compare camera models! :)
Spend more time in the galleries section to pick up inspiration on composition styles, etc.
Join in the gatherings/outings to find kakis that can guide you or learn along with you (if you don't like to shoot alone).

Ah Pao said:
Photography is all about having fun capturing the moment, not so much on having the latest and the greatest equipment.

Now that you've bought your 1000D, stay away from CS threads trying to compare camera models! :)
Spend more time in the galleries section to pick up inspiration on composition styles, etc.
Join in the gatherings/outings to find kakis that can guide you or learn along with you (if you don't like to shoot alone).

yesyes.. actually before buying it, i was already browsing all photo galleries, dreaming of it. :bsmilie:

ya i do wish to join any outings to learn more things in practical shooting:thumbsup:

finally made up my mind and hooted the 1000d today.

thanks for all the help ppl in this forum have given me. especially on spot metering and other features..

and the ultra friendly staffs at ms color helped me to finalise the buy btwn 450d and this.

i still need many help from the pros here.

pls many many point teach! :)

Grats on 1000D purchase!

Shot more and learn from the fellow CSer!

Does not matter what camera you use, matter is ur eye for composition and capture that special moment!

Cheers..

Thomas

since already hoot 1000D liao....so start SSS and BBB too! :devil:

anyway, welcome to the lightside...;)

congrats and time to start reading manuals and shoot more.
do post some photos, i'm sure most of us here willing to help u to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.