i am a one thousander!

Status
Not open for further replies.
congrats and time to start reading manuals and shoot more.
do post some photos, i'm sure most of us here willing to help u to improve.

not teachin him how to BBB meh? :think:

As a former 1000D beginner user....i'd say you've got yourself a pretty decent camera ! I've had alot of satisfaction from this cam and till this day i've nvr regretted having it. The only setbks i had was not having enough $ to buy better lenses and bcos i went into sports shoots i eventually had to change to a 40D because of the burst rate.

jlkk76 said:
anyway, welcome to the lightside

why is it the lightside. then where's the darkside? ha.:bsmilie:

not teachin him how to BBB meh? :think:

hahaha... will BBB after i learn more.. i think my first buy is prolly as expected... 50mm f1.8.

Oh ya. do u guys put screen protectors on the lcd? i forgot to ask abt it ytd.:sweat:

hahaha... will BBB after i learn more.. i think my first buy is prolly as expected... 50mm f1.8.

Oh ya. do u guys put screen protectors on the lcd? i forgot to ask abt it ytd.:sweat:

u wont go wrong with a screen protector, it will protect your lcd screen from getting scratch.

join us in our thread in kopitiam and we will teach u more...:devil:

u shld have ask for a free screen protector when u purchased ur cam....go get it a harvey norman at ard $5 bah...and ask them to stick for u..:)

ya lor. totally forgotten abt it... argh. harvey norman? ok later go there n buy hoo

Congrats to ur new camera purchase, now is to go out & shoot more !

congrats on your new 1000d! I also just bought my 1000d 1 month ago and is enjoying every moment of it. But during this 1 month, my shutter count went up to 4.3k as I was always trying different angles to take pictures, looking for things to take and learning all the skills that I have learnt in this forum. I love to take landscape shots and always find that the kit lens was quite limited with its 18mm. I always couldn't manage to take the pics of whole building and scenery and decided to upgrade my lens. I then finally decided to upgrade my kit lens to 15-85. It gives me the ability to have a wider angle and much more zoom then my kit lens as I needed a walkabout lens instead of so many lens. One day you will feel the same like me too :bsmilie: Enjoy your taking photos!

welcome to the world of D-SLR! and yay! +1 to the Canon family!

kohanson said:
congrats on your new 1000d! I also just bought my 1000d 1 month ago and is enjoying every moment of it. But during this 1 month, my shutter count went up to 4.3k as I was always trying different angles to take pictures, looking for things to take and learning all the skills that I have learnt in this forum. I love to take landscape shots and always find that the kit lens was quite limited with its 18mm. I always couldn't manage to take the pics of whole building and scenery and decided to upgrade my lens. I then finally decided to upgrade my kit lens to 15-85. It gives me the ability to have a wider angle and much more zoom then my kit lens as I needed a walkabout lens instead of so many lens. One day you will feel the same like me too :bsmilie: Enjoy your taking photos!

can i ask how big is the difference from 18mm to 15mm focal length?
I reckon 15-85 must be an expensive lens... i sometimes wish i can have a better zoom at things i shoot outside too. but i think at the moment i can only afford 50mm 1.8. :sweat:

SnapSniper said:
welcome to the world of D-SLR! and yay! +1 to the Canon family!

yesyes!

your road to being an Oned or a Oneds and getting L'ed starts from today :bsmilie:

shoot shoot shoot

welcome onboard !

Welcome to the 1000D family ... while u save 100 to 200 when u choose 1000D, so u can get a Dry cabinet or Nissin flash as well...

can i ask how big is the difference from 18mm to 15mm focal length?
I reckon 15-85 must be an expensive lens... i sometimes wish i can have a better zoom at things i shoot outside too. but i think at the moment i can only afford 50mm 1.8. :sweat:

yesyes!

the difference is a slightly wider angle which I have always wanted as I only wish to have 1 lens for walkabout. Its a good investment. the lens cost 1130 and its a new edition to the EFS series, there are vignetting at the sides when the aperture is wide open at 15mm and 85mm. But I don't mind :bsmilie: below are comparison shots. All are shot at f3.5 and iso 800 as I m lazy to take out my tripod.

18mm
4208034217_7707978ef3.jpg

15mm
4208798912_1db58fe1d7.jpg

the difference is a slightly wider angle which I have always wanted as I only wish to have 1 lens for walkabout. Its a good investment. the lens cost 1130 and its a new edition to the EFS series, there are vignetting at the sides when the aperture is wide open at 15mm and 85mm. But I don't mind :bsmilie: below are comparison shots. All are shot at f3.5 and iso 800 as I m lazy to take out my tripod.

18mm
4208034217_7707978ef3.jpg

15mm
4208798912_1db58fe1d7.jpg

Wah, if u really took the effort just to show me the difference between the 2 focal length, its really very big thank you for that!!!

Ok. the difference is quite big from wad i see.:thumbsup: these freaking lenses are just so ex, i will have to save up for some time before i get one of these. Till then, i should have plenty of time to decide wad i need... :think:

Wah, if u really took the effort just to show me the difference between the 2 focal length, its really very big thank you for that!!!

Ok. the difference is quite big from wad i see.:thumbsup: these freaking lenses are just so ex, i will have to save up for some time before i get one of these. Till then, i should have plenty of time to decide wad i need... :think:

haha. I just happen to have the photo when I took it with my 18mm a few days back. So i took it with the 15mm yesterday to show the difference.

Save up for lens, don't be tempted to upgrade ur camera. Get the best lenses u can afford and use them everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.