Status
Not open for further replies.

ckiang

Jan 17, 2002
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
www.ckphoto.net
Hi,

Is it just me or can anyone else still access the hwz forums? I keep getting:

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.

You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Regards
CK

Think something wrong with the board's configuration :confused:

LATEST UPDATE
HWZ Forums is DOWN no matter how much you do above. I guess keep checking the main page at HWZ for new information.

You cannot post, but can read.

The reason why...

---

http://www.hardwarezone.com/noticeboard/index.hwz?aid=50

As we have changed the domain of our forum's login cookie from the previous null/nothing to '.hardwarezone.com', users who have logged in before the change might encounter difficulty logging out. In this case, please manually clear your browser's cookie.

Subsequent logins will not be affected.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused.

---

Clear browser cookie! Wha I hope everyone knows how to do it. There sure would be people who will be super blur.

How to Delete Cookies

Windows 2000 / IE
------------------------

1. Go to the forum page. Click LOG OUT.
2. Close your IE browser.
3. Presuming you are logged on as adminstrator... open windows explorer and go to...

- Documents and Settings
+ Adminstrator
+ Cookies

Just delete all the files in here. Simple as it is.
4. Open IE again and start up the forum page. Everything should work.

///

Win98/95/ME users... erm try searching for the cookie folder in c:/Windows/
haha long time never use win98 liao

Me too...

I even tried to follow the admin's instructions...

Clear cookies in IE manually, then tried to login again...still get the !$@#$ message...so for now I skip the user cp to access the forum...

Just keep harrassing the admin...;)

Originally posted by simon
Well, let's all just post in Clubsnap, Fast and Reliable ;)

Why not ask all users over here that post in hwz to put up clubsnap link as signature? :)

I just got in ...... now whos is whos now :confused: !!!??? Does everyone fron HWZ forum still retaining their ID ????? I do see a couple of familiar names here .:)

can dun say keep on advertising this site in HWZ ???
If this place is good... it will attract ppl ! :D:cool:

HWZ is up! But I'm leaving it for this forum =P

After they so call made their website more user friendly... Everything seems so slow and unfriendly to use. HWZ is getting worst not better.

Hmm...I still cannot post....don't know why...maybe they just want be to come here lah...actually HWZ helping Clubsnap in that way....

I think like that also. I really cannot understand what are they doing??!! Well, compare to dpreview forum, I prefer local forum.Those "ang mo " really something, can talk for few paragraphs just for 1 or 2 topics. Everytime when I view any replied thread, feel sweat! Nightmare there. Their "breath" really long!!

Finally , I love this forum. Just that the design a bit dull, I meant the colours and background. (If don't mind this is what in my mind. Shhh....... can imitate last time the HWZ one (that one blue in colour one arh......very nice)) Since this forum gives the impression similar to HWZ, why don't give it a try? Or the coding very difficult to do?

Lastly, I think if the following questions can be answered, then, I would probably have more confident here:

a) Is this a non-profit org? Then who will sponsor for the server? and where all the $$$ come (must have some backing power!)
b) How is this forum going to run? By who, administrator? Is there any management boards here?If so, will it becomes another HWZ in future, means that this is just a beginning, in future, will develope into the shape of HWZ?
c) Now, (because it is still new) the speed is fast! How about in future.

(nothing very serious, just curious)

I think there has been quite a bit of concern about the apparent "goodness" of this forum, so let me just address your questions here for everyone's benefit.
Originally posted by Newbie0001
Lastly, I think if the following questions can be answered, then, I would probably have more confident here:

a) Is this a non-profit org? Then who will sponsor for the server? and where all the $$$ come (must have some backing power!)
This is not an organisation at all (even though the domain name might suggest so, its just like my domain name has a .com but it isn't a commerical entity). The $$$ mostly comes from the Core Team Members who have opted to contribute varying amounts monthly and get amounts of webspace and other server facilities that are agreed on by all of us. The hardware... well, let's just say we have had a (or two?) philanthropist(s) who kindly donated but opted to stay anonymous. And no, there are no links to any commercial entity at all.

b) How is this forum going to run? By who, administrator? Is there any management boards here?If so, will it becomes another HWZ in future, means that this is just a beginning, in future, will develope into the shape of HWZ?
This forum and the accompanying website (to be launched soon I hope) will be maintained by volunteers (see definition here) mainly amongst the Core Team Members and probably some of the users here. And I must stress this, we have NO intention of allowing this site to become anything like HWZ. Honestly, to have this, we will need the strong support (for e.g. donations to supplement running costs and future equipment purchases are always welcomed) from both the Core Team Members as well as regular members like yourself.

c) Now, (because it is still new) the speed is fast! How about in future.
Yes, it certainly is fast. And we plan to do whatever we can to keep it this way. So in the future, if we ask for donations to supplement equipment purchases, I hope the response will be good. :D :p

(nothing very serious, just curious)
I hope all these answers your doubts and queries? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.