hw much storage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanlim

Oct 28, 2005
NEL
:D ..hey all...abt hw much storage u all bring on ur hods.

Bring as much as you can. A portable photo hard disk, min 20GB is advisable. That is if you are going for a more than a week holiday.

yepps..thanks;)

So you're planning on a holiday to which country?

Xing said:
Bring as much as you can. A portable photo hard disk, min 20GB is advisable. That is if you are going for a more than a week holiday.

Jialat....I am going with 256mb + 512mb...must look for places to burn into CD durin the trip.

if no place to burn CD now?
in the past when i didn't had a laptop and compactdrive, i only had 512mb to shoot. i felt so limited that i have to really really watch what i shoot and delete those that i didn't like day after day. and when i came back and review the photos on com, i deleted even more.. left with not much of keepers.
bring as much as u can. shoot as much as u like. i think shooting a few GBs is to expected.

if go thailand,i think most developing shop have that option to download.
bring a card reader along to be safe.

boroangel said:
Jialat....I am going with 256mb + 512mb...must look for places to burn into CD durin the trip.
Yes that could be an option, dont worry most countries have such services either at hostels or internet cafes (even "3rd" world countries too). But be warn, such services at developed countries are pretty expensive.

Another option is to use lower res like 2-mega setting (for 4Rs only) ;p. Dont ever use any setting lesser than that, I regretted using 640x480 on my Italy trip 2 years back. Can only "see" my photos on screen :cry: .

...thanks...going gold coast area...abt 8days...but wondering if i shld buy more sd cards or photoviewer

drumma said:
in the past when i didn't had a laptop and compactdrive, i only had 512mb to shoot. i felt so limited that i have to really really watch what i shoot and delete those that i didn't like day after day. and when i came back and review the photos on com, i deleted even more.. left with not much of keepers.
bring as much as u can. shoot as much as u like. i think shooting a few GBs is to expected.

XD cards are.......bery expensive.....just bought the 512mb only...actually to teh threadstarter......I posted one question earlier on how to store pics when travelling....you can take a look at it...lots of useful info given by fellow Csers...

I brought 3 x 2GB CF and a 40GB HDD over to Japan recently, :D

drumma said:
Agree with Drumma, I had a simiar experience once. Nowadays, I bring a 2GB CF card, with a 512MB as back-up, plus my notebook. I know it's troublesome, but since we've paid so much for our holidays, better make sure we get enough pictures, which will become our 'memories' of the holiday :)

A few years back, I tried to look for places to burn pictures into CDs in Australia. Very ex, man! I think it's more worth it to spend money on memory cards ... Now may be cheaper :dunno:

anyone expecting the price of CF to come down even further? say $60 for 1GB. its currently already $85 for 1GB kingston normal speed.

im hoping prices of CF will drop after SITEX as it always does :think:

I using 2 X 1GB CF and 1 X 40GB portable stoarge which left around 20GB now.
Haven't travel oversea yet, but that will be my storage..

Instead of bringing 100GB and trying to bring home 10,000 photos, why dont u try to take yr time and shoot slowly? Its more satisfaction to have a few good shots rather than 10,000 average shots.

Astin said:
Instead of bringing 100GB and trying to bring home 10,000 photos, why dont u try to take yr time and shoot slowly? Its more satisfaction to have a few good shots rather than 10,000 average shots.

:bsmilie: You really reminded me of someone I know.. His pride & joy is to press the shutter release, own the best gear... but shoot the worst pics.... :rolleyes:

Sorry for the OT, IMO.... depends on how long ur trip going to be... but I guess 2 be on the safe side, 2 to 3 CFs & a portable storage of maybe 20G shld be more than enough...

I brought 01 x 1GB CF to Eygpt last year, plus a much smaller 128MB for insurance..
Ran out of space on Day01... Fortunately, i brought along my 40GB portable compactdrive to copy out the pics...
All in all, shot about 5GB in 10days, just that Day01 a bit too trigger happy lah.. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.