Hw do i crop without affecting image to passport size pixels

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderflash

Mar 10, 2009
Hi everyone

I need to take a picture of myself and upload for sch ID. May i know hw shld i crop the picture without affecting the image, for e.g. "elongated or fattened face".

Thanks in advance ;)

That isn't cropping,it's distortion. In other words, if you *resize* the pic, make sure the proportions are correct.

if you are using photoshop, open your selected headshot doc

for crop tool, set your weight and height in pixel of the final passport photos, and crop it.

for using marquee tool, set to fix ratio to 35:45 or 7:9, make selection the area, "pull down menu" image/crop, than change image size to the pixel you want.

or you can read How to take passport photo using Digital camera

That isn't cropping,it's distortion. In other words, if you *resize* the pic, make sure the proportions are correct.
Thanks for the information and correcting my terminology :embrass:

if you are using photoshop, open your selected headshot doc

for crop tool, set your weight and height in pixel of the final passport photos, and crop it.

for using marquee tool, set to fix ratio to 35:45 or 7:9, make selection the area, "pull down menu" image/crop, than change image size to the pixel you want.

or you can read How to take passport photo using Digital camera

Thanks, will check it out! ;)

Hey man... this is what i do...

Firstly... of course... take your picture and use adobe photoshop to open it. Next resize either the height or width to the specification that u need. Go to Image > Resize > Image Size. Change either the height to 45mm or the width to 35mm.

Next, create a new blank file. Photoshop will ask ya what size u want. Set it to 45mm x 35mm. Make sure the resolution of your picture and the new blank file is exactly the same. After that, go to your original picture... go to layer section, right click your picture and duplicate layer. Choose the destination to your new blank file.

Lastly, go to ur new blank file. Adjust the picture to your satisfaction. Once u are satisfied, then save as a jpeg file. It will ask ya what quality u want. Choose around 6-7 so that it can fit into the requirement of the ICA.

I have sent about 5 applications for the passport thingy and all has been approved and magically younger... wahaha! If u still got any problem just pm me... Btw, i using adobe photoshop element 7... In case other versions got different terms... :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.