hungry....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zac Zac, cannot.

Nisa's taste is the triple boil and simmer for days type.

Damned shiok! :bsmilie:

Zac Zac, cannot.

Nisa's taste is the triple boil and simmer for days type.

Damned shiok! :bsmilie:

Hmmmmm.. too high class for me...

I'm a simple man... :bsmilie:

Hmmmmm.. too high class for me...

I'm a simple man... :bsmilie:

huh? how difficult is it to boil soup with charcoal?

huh? how difficult is it to boil soup with charcoal?

Actually... QUITE... you need to maintain the same heat for hours, then it's a challenge actually... to keep adding charcoal and yet not let it flare or die off....

Actually... QUITE... you need to maintain the same heat for hours, then it's a challenge actually... to keep adding charcoal and yet not let it flare or die off....

okay one lah.... if u cannot make urself... can always go out for it.

3155350781_af5d9477ca_m.jpg

Last edited:
Not difficult, just have to watch and check every now and then.

I'm used to doing basic clear chicken soup starting with a vegetable and herb base for flavour since we all hate MSG in our home, and to get the flavours I want, the base takes me about 2-3 hours, and ideally, if I have time, very slow simmering with a second change of vegetables and the final simmer so add another 2 hours, strain and clarify, then another round of boiling with the final ingredients to be served.

If in a rush, I'll do a 3 hr soup.

One very easy and convenient tool you could use is the very very slow cooking crock pot, but be sure to get a size MUCH larger than you think you need because you have to allow SPACE for the fluids and ingredients to circulate. Most people make the mistake of getting 'just the right size and cram in all the ingredients. For example, for 'hard-core' soups and stews, I may prepare a total of 5 liters serving, but I'll use a 15-20 liter earthen pot as that would ensure more even and efficient circualtion of moisture and flavours, as well as even cooking.

Last edited:
oh... and u are still awake??!?!!? shouldn't u be sleeping.
I don't sleep so early... even during working days... ;p

I only haveta to report for work in the late afternoon. That would explain my sleep pattern. Not quite an insomniac but very nocturnal indeed. :p

So worth it lor, DM. The soup will be so wonderful!!

I only haveta to report for work in the late afternoon. That would explain my sleep pattern. Not quite an insomniac but very nocturnal indeed. :p

Ahhh you work the night shift... I won't mind working the graveyard shift. :)

i just had bread and cheese... this thread shall not tempt me.

Princess Dragon, yor hungry?

*nods* yeah a bit hungry. Want soMe soup.... Fish soup will be good....

I also got bread and cheese.....

*nods* yeah a bit hungry. Want soMe soup.... Fish soup will be good....

I also got bread and cheese.....

At this hour, a lil challenging. Probably there is some food at geylang (which i do not quite recommend at this hour), newton and maybe some food courts are opened.

There is a fish ball noodle soup that serves through the night at tanjong katong road. Its very nice. The bak chor mee is also good.

Ahhh you work the night shift... I won't mind working the graveyard shift. :)

Ehh almost there. I'm work what I call a neither here nor there shift. Working late is bad for health. If I were you, I would try to find out why I'm having insomnia. :)

For those heading down geylang for supper, just be careful. It does not look as safe as before with the economy going downhill.

Hmm ... Right now I'm BAKING a loaf of gloriously aromatic Banana Bread mixed with a trio of seeds and nuts and a hint of bran. When it's done, it would go beri well with some cream cheese which will OOZE onto the surface because the bread is still hot! :devil: :devil: :devil:

Ehh almost there. I'm work what I call a neither here nor there shift. Working late is bad for health. If I were you, I would try to find out why I'm having insomnia. :)

The graveyard shift is a very tough shift to upkeep. This is especially worse when it is noisy at home during the day and it is not so conducive to sleep when its all bright.

The money may be good, but it comes with a price.

You should take care of your health if you often need to work till late night or thru the night.

Hmm ... Right now I'm BAKING a loaf of gloriously aromatic Banana Bread mixed with a trio of seeds and nuts and a hint of bran. When it's done, it would go beri well with some cream cheese which will OOZE onto the surface because the bread is still hot! :devil: :devil: :devil:

i can only share with you the miserable pic of my fav chinese cake in another thread... can you share your bread with me? i will only take half :sweatsm:

At this hour, a lil challenging. Probably there is some food at geylang (which i do not quite recommend at this hour), newton and maybe some food courts are opened.

There is a fish ball noodle soup that serves through the night at tanjong katong road. Its very nice. The bak chor mee is also good.

I want fish soup not Fishball leh. Hmmm don't know.... It's a bit late to find food liao.

Not working late. Just working at night time. don't like mornings or daytime too much.
Insomnia.... It's just a cycle I always go thru... So maybe I will figure out when I get really tired.

My tummy is growling....:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.