Hungry Pacific Swallows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garion

Nov 26, 2002
West side of S'pore
Visit site
Came across 3 or 4 of these juvenile Pacific Swallows sitting on a wire in the early morning sun, every now and then the parent bird would approach with a grub or insect in mouth to feed them, and they would erupt in a display of frantic wing flapping and noisy chirping in the hope that they would be the first to be fed.

Morning wing stretching exercise?

swallow_001.jpg

swallow_002a.jpg

swallow_003.jpg

swallow_004.jpg

Wow rare post from Sgt Garion... :D

Nice golden sidelighting from the morning sun, was those taken with flash?

gremlin said:
Wow rare post from Sgt Garion... :D

Nice golden sidelighting from the morning sun, was those taken with flash?
Thanks for the comments dude! :D

Yes these were taken with flash, can't remember the setting though. Think its abt -2/3 FEC with flash extender.

nice sidelighting. I like no.2.

Well done!

Keep shooting!

Garion, nice to see you posting lately :)

These are pretty good attempts in capturing the juv pacific swallows. I noticed that the ambient lighting is not behind you, perhaps you wanna try to use natural light to your advantage the next round, I am sure it will make quite a difference here. Just my 2 cents pal, keep shooting! ;)

Thanks erwinx, Fred, SK and Avatar for the comments!

These are pretty good attempts in capturing the juv pacific swallows. I noticed that the ambient lighting is not behind you, perhaps you wanna try to use natural light to your advantage the next round, I am sure it will make quite a difference here. Just my 2 cents pal, keep shooting! ;)
Thanks for the invaluable pointer, my friend. Will take note of that next time round. Hope we can all go shooting together again sometime soon. Cheers. :)

Thanks kayaro888.

rncw said:
very nice...

2 thumbs up...

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

truely undisputed....
Thanks. You are also the truely undisputed "king of zoo shots" lar. :blah:

Garion said:
Thanks kayaro888.

Thanks. You are also the truely undisputed "king of zoo shots" lar. :blah:

how i wished ..... but in reality...i'm not.... :cry: people like megaweb's much much better.... the "king of zoo shots" is julian w ... no one else.... :bigeyes:

but you're different.... :blah:

well done..keep shooting man...those early wake up calls definately do bring a different perspective to nature shoot. The taxi ride is definately worth it.

Very familiar power line though.... :devil:

Harlequin said:
well done..keep shooting man...those early wake up calls definately do bring a different perspective to nature shoot. The taxi ride is definately worth it.

Very familiar power line though.... :devil:
Thanks man....yes you are right, the sacrifices are worth it.....sometimes you never know what you are going to get out there...nature surprises us all the time... ;)

Hahah....yes that power line... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.