'hungry' for model/fashion shoots


Status
Not open for further replies.

adam72

New Member
Jun 11, 2004
93
0
0
46
behind tiong bahru plaza
#1
hi pple

i m new to clubsnap, though i've known it since its inception 2 yrs back. the forums are very informative and enlightening, and they are a great pleasure to read, coming from like-minded people loving photography.

i was a makeover photog, just recently switched job to the medical illustration side. however i'm having 'withdrawal' symtoms of not shooting pple, esp of the female species ;p

hence i'm on the lookout for studio shoots involving gals, my specialty :bigeyes: any shoots'll hopefully cure me of my 'depression' :D

is there anyway of being informed if there are any future shoots thru PM or email w/o going thru all the threads to lookout for fashion/model shoots?
 

Wolfgang

Senior Member
Apr 29, 2002
5,688
0
0
39
Riddle Realms
wolfgang.clubsnap.org
#2
des72 said:
hi pple

i m new to clubsnap, though i've known it since its inception 2 yrs back. the forums are very informative and enlightening, and they are a great pleasure to read, coming from like-minded people loving photography.

i was a makeover photog, just recently switched job to the medical illustration side. however i'm having 'withdrawal' symtoms of not shooting pple, esp of the female species ;p

hence i'm on the lookout for studio shoots involving gals, my specialty :bigeyes: any shoots'll hopefully cure me of my 'depression' :D

is there anyway of being informed if there are any future shoots thru PM or email w/o going thru all the threads to lookout for fashion/model shoots?
Trust me when i tell you when i say that you'll be getting quite a few PMs very soon. ;)
 

adam72

New Member
Jun 11, 2004
93
0
0
46
behind tiong bahru plaza
#3
i'll also like to pair-up with newbies wanting to shoot fashion/model coz i wanna see wat's the current style is, or wat their visual tastes are.

i've been shooting pple, esp females since early 90s when i took up photography from temasek poly, and will like to share my knowledge with fashion/modelling photography freshies, as well as listen to ideas and suggestions in shooting the female form.

keen freshies/newbies can pm/email me if they wanna talk indepth on this....
 

Canonised

Senior Member
Aug 27, 2003
2,998
4
0
#4
des72 said:
hi pple

i m new to clubsnap, though i've known it since its inception 2 yrs back. the forums are very informative and enlightening, and they are a great pleasure to read, coming from like-minded people loving photography.

i was a makeover photog, just recently switched job to the medical illustration side. however i'm having 'withdrawal' symtoms of not shooting pple, esp of the female species ;p

hence i'm on the lookout for studio shoots involving gals, my specialty :bigeyes: any shoots'll hopefully cure me of my 'depression' :D

is there anyway of being informed if there are any future shoots thru PM or email w/o going thru all the threads to lookout for fashion/model shoots?
your 'withdrawal' symtoms of not shooting chiobu / chabor is understandable after a long deprivation as well as having only medical illustrations instead of the "real" photographic version which we CS members were having with all those chiobu shoots.
But i thought the current flavour for the month is >>>> http://www.euro2004.com/
 

evildolly

New Member
Jul 27, 2003
528
0
0
Singapore
sassystrawberry.com
#5
whoa=) you must have a lot of experience, was wondering if you can share some pics of such fashion/makeover etc, that we can look at and learn from? :)

cheers~!
 

Astin

Senior Member
Mar 2, 2002
4,736
0
36
Astin Studio
astin.clubsnap.org
#6
I organize model photo shoot events on most weekends. (so far >90 events already). If you are interested, let me know. We have newbies, oldbies, oldbies-pretend-newbies, young guns, old guns, digicams, DSLR, MF, all sort of memebers. ;)
 

adam72

New Member
Jun 11, 2004
93
0
0
46
behind tiong bahru plaza
#7
Canonised said:
your 'withdrawal' symtoms of not shooting chiobu / chabor is understandable after a long deprivation as well as having only medical illustrations instead of the "real" photographic version which we CS members were having with all those chiobu shoots.
But i thought the current flavour for the month is >>>> http://www.euro2004.com/
me not football fan, so this 3 wks take opportunity to shoot more coz (mayb) less photogs as they (all) watching 22men+1ball, instead of the fairer sex :p
 

adam72

New Member
Jun 11, 2004
93
0
0
46
behind tiong bahru plaza
#8
evildolly said:
whoa=) you must have a lot of experience, was wondering if you can share some pics of such fashion/makeover etc, that we can look at and learn from? :)

cheers~!
oklah, started from shooting outdoors with a mechanical SLR to studio with DSLR over a decade, always evolving...

my portfolio i'll sort out and show some, so watch this space.... :bigeyes:
 

adam72

New Member
Jun 11, 2004
93
0
0
46
behind tiong bahru plaza
#9
Astin said:
I organize model photo shoot events on most weekends. (so far >90 events already). If you are interested, let me know. We have newbies, oldbies, oldbies-pretend-newbies, young guns, old guns, digicams, DSLR, MF, all sort of memebers. ;)
hi Astin

read yr posts on shoots, hope to join u ppl soonest. my pics are lookg jaded so need new visuals to 'stimulate' myself :p hope u pple can critique too once i join for shoots...

cheers
 

ken7644

New Member
Nov 30, 2003
46
0
0
#10
Hi there, I am also a complete newbie here and I am also interested to learn from the experts here on model photography. i see that model shoots are organised almost every weekend and sometimes i am interested to join, but the thing is i am a complete newbie and is afraid of ruining the whole shoot by bugging all the experts doing the shoots. In addition I only have a Sony V1 as my rig and personally i have this stigma that my cam is not up to standard for model photoshoots... :(

Anybody care to get this newbie started? Thanks a mil!
 

Astin

Senior Member
Mar 2, 2002
4,736
0
36
Astin Studio
astin.clubsnap.org
#11
Your Sony V1 is good enough, I have members who use Canon G5, Oly 5050 etc. Of course there are other members who use big guns like Nikon D2H, Canon 1D Mk2 etc.
 

ken7644

New Member
Nov 30, 2003
46
0
0
#12
Astin said:
Your Sony V1 is good enough, I have members who use Canon G5, Oly 5050 etc. Of course there are other members who use big guns like Nikon D2H, Canon 1D Mk2 etc.
Hi Astin, thanks for the assuring welcome. At least now i know that my rig managed to pass the entry exams... :p Anyway during a photoshoot, what are the things to bring? Anything to keep in mind off? During the shoot, if we want the model to express a certain pose or expression, can we request from the model? Or does the model pose at own time own target and the photographers shoot at free will?

Btw is it ok if i go be a observer for one of your model shoot? Wanna get a feel of what to expect for a model shoot before i commit to a actual shoot.
 

clive

Senior Member
Oct 9, 2002
2,537
0
0
Visit site
#13
expression from models....

u can try engage the model in a prolonged conversation and smoothly snap away as n when u "spot" an instantaneously "good" expression
 

Astin

Senior Member
Mar 2, 2002
4,736
0
36
Astin Studio
astin.clubsnap.org
#14
ken7644 said:
Hi Astin, thanks for the assuring welcome. At least now i know that my rig managed to pass the entry exams... :p Anyway during a photoshoot, what are the things to bring? Anything to keep in mind off? During the shoot, if we want the model to express a certain pose or expression, can we request from the model? Or does the model pose at own time own target and the photographers shoot at free will?

Btw is it ok if i go be a observer for one of your model shoot? Wanna get a feel of what to expect for a model shoot before i commit to a actual shoot.
During my photo shoot, you can request the model for a certain pose or expression, eg some want smile face and some want sad face and some want eyes-look-far-away face. If no one ask, I will guide the model to pose certain "must do" pose/expressions. Some models are very active and they will go on auto mode and the photogs just snap the shots.
Sorry I do not want any observer in my shoot, I already have 2 full time assistants and 1 part time make up artist.
 

ken7644

New Member
Nov 30, 2003
46
0
0
#15
clive said:
expression from models....

u can try engage the model in a prolonged conversation and smoothly snap away as n when u "spot" an instantaneously "good" expression
Eh engage a conversation with the model?? I am pretty bad with words, more so with a model... :p spotting a expression shouldn't be too difficult though. Thanks for the tip bro!
 

ken7644

New Member
Nov 30, 2003
46
0
0
#16
Astin said:
During my photo shoot, you can request the model for a certain pose or expression, eg some want smile face and some want sad face and some want eyes-look-far-away face. If no one ask, I will guide the model to pose certain "must do" pose/expressions. Some models are very active and they will go on auto mode and the photogs just snap the shots.
Sorry I do not want any observer in my shoot, I already have 2 full time assistants and 1 part time make up artist.
Ok i understand. In that case do you mind a newbie joining you for tomorrow's outdoor shoot, as posted in the other thread since you have 1 available slot? I am keen, but please guide me along the way. Kindly sms me the details of the shoot. My name is Daniz and I can be contacted at 90933177. Where will you be holding the shoot anyway cause i will be driving...
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom