Hummingbirds in Action

Status
Not open for further replies.

willyfoo

Jan 18, 2002
North
willyfoo.com
After observing hummingbirds for some time, I realise that they are relatively easy to take due to it's predictability. It's a pity that I was not able to find an angle where the wire mesh in the background can't be seen. I shot all these at ISO400 which showed up with quite a bit of noise.. only after that I realised that I don't need to shoot at ISO400 with these shots..

This is the Sparkling Violet-Ear, the most active of those I knew
DSC03555-SparklingVioletEarIncoming.JPG

DSC03597-SparklingVioletEarLeftSharp.JPG

DSC03538-SparklingVioletEarLanding.JPG

DSC03524-SparklingVioletEarWingBack.JPG

Oh, the bird keepers told me that new species of hummingbirds will arrive in 2 weeks.. I can't wait... :)

Few other shots I took that day that I haven't taken before..
DSC03411-BlackNapedOriole.JPG

Black Naped Oriole
DSC03429-SulawesiKingStarling.JPG

Sulawesi King Starling

Originally posted by willyfoo
After observing hummingbirds for some time, I realise that they are relatively easy to take due to it's predictability. It's a pity that I was not able to find an angle where the wire mesh in the background can't be seen. I shot all these at ISO400 which showed up with quite a bit of noise.. only after that I realised that I don't need to shoot at ISO400 with these shots..

This is the Sparkling Violet-Ear, the most active of those I knew
DSC03555-SparklingVioletEarIncoming.JPG

DSC03597-SparklingVioletEarLeftSharp.JPG

DSC03538-SparklingVioletEarLanding.JPG

DSC03524-SparklingVioletEarWingBack.JPG

Oh, the bird keepers told me that new species of hummingbirds will arrive in 2 weeks.. I can't wait... :)

what shuttle u used?

Originally posted by megaweb
the bird is nice but the background is distracting ;)

Ya... I know.. wished they could open the gate at the back.. but it was there to prevent the hummingbird in front to mingle with the one at the back else they would fight... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.