Humidity Levels in Dry Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiaofighter

Apr 28, 2008
Can someone guide me on the suitable humidity levels in the dry box?

so far dry box, i can manage to get 50% only. hmm..

so far dry box, i can manage to get 50% only. hmm..
If your hygrometer is off by -5% RH, then the 50% reading that you see in your box will actually be 55%, since most digital hygrometers are accurate to +/-5% RH. :think: At this RH, it might just be conducive for fungus to grow.

Last edited:
Welcome to CS :) Do a search & have a better understanding ;)

Mine is currently at 42% RH but it did take quite a bit of fine tuning to get there.

gotta buy more silica gel!!:sweat:

Great! I getting like below 50 on my dry box.. Is fine rite.. My fren is tellin me cannot be too dry if not the rubber
parts will crack..

Great! I getting like below 50 on my dry box.. Is fine rite.. My fren is tellin me cannot be too dry if not the rubber
parts will crack..

recommended RH for storage of lenses is 40-45% from what i read.

Yup but don't go too low else the oil or something in the lenses dry up.

hey mate, you are doing fine with that humidity level:D

i'm glad to hear tat, it sure takes some time for me to get into 42%...
at 1st is 54%,
after some tuning, became 51%,
after some tuning, became 31%
after some tuning, became 37%
after some tuning, became 41%
finally after some tuning, became 42%:cool:

40-45 :D best is 45%

Me set to 45%...so taking into consideration of the ±5% of tolerance, I will be in the range of 40-50. Very safe.:)

I have a digital cabi, with digital RH setting. What i found out was:
I set my cabi to RH 45%. When the cabi shows that it reached 45%, my another xtra analog hygrometer which is inside show RH 55%
I changed the analog hygrometer position to another level in my cabi, and it will stay at RH 65& for the rest of the time.

This experiment shows that the RH in cabi is not fixed throughout?
Anyone who tried this before pls share...

Last edited:
In my 90L 4-tray dry cab, the hygrometer on my uppermost tray often has readings 2% lower than the one at the lowest tray. Even if I switch their position, the end result will still be the same. It goes to show nothing is wrong with the digital hygrometers.

mine set at RH% 45. my temp always show 28-30 deg C is tat normal? stare in a non-aircon room

Status
Not open for further replies.