Humidity Level reaches 20% or sometimes lower.

glennyong

May 2, 2004
Singapore
just checking.

if humidity levels in the dry cabinet drops to 20% or sometimes lower. is that a good thing or a bad thing ? :dunno:

i did some research and talked to a few people.

apparently. its no good. dries up the lubrication can causes some mechanical issue. so the best range is still 40-60%

the reason why my dry cabi's humid level dropped so fast was because i introduced some "military grade" dessicant which i bought from US.

ok so now these dessicants will end up in my clothes cabinet then.

i did some research and talked to a few people.

apparently. its no good. dries up the lubrication can causes some mechanical issue. so the best range is still 40-60%

the reason why my dry cabi's humid level dropped so fast was because i introduced some "military grade" dessicant which i bought from US.

ok so now these dessicants will end up in my clothes cabinet then.

military grade indeed.

Anyway, keep it between 45-55%.

haha. u just answered ur own qns.

dessicant is too unpredictable.

yeah.. too unpredictable... the meter did went blank for a while after i introduced the desiccant for 30mins.

Just curious: If you already have the dry cabinet, why introduce the desiccant? :)

Just curious: If you already have the dry cabinet, why introduce the desiccant? :)

hahah! i buy desiccant to keep my scuba gears nice and dry.

so i had extra packs. so decided to pop them into the dry cabi.

somehow forgot that it is not good after reading it up lo

glennyong said:
manufacturer says one of their biggest clients is for us air force lei... my guess is missiles... :bsmilie:

I'm just thinking back the days where me being a chao recruit. Maybe dun need to oil rifle if they keep rifles in air tight cabinets and with this. Wahaha, I hate cleaning rifles....

I also pop in 10 packs of military grade dessicant packs in my drybox.

No need to power on the unit for 6 months. Humidity around 40 - 45%RH

Once saturated just turn on the unit for 1 week to suck out the water content. Can save electricity for another half year.

Last edited:
JJLoke said:
I also pop in 10 packs of military grade dessicant packs in my drybox.

No need to power on the unit for 6 months. Humidity around 40 - 45%RH

Is it cost effective though, in the long run?

Save some money on electricity bill every month, and hopefully can prolong the life of the drybox unit

Just need to keep an eye on the RH% regularly though