Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber_Duck

May 26, 2004
nippon
www.flickr.com
Hi all,

I have a question....
Last year got myself a temperature and humidity gauge.
After that I had been closely monitor the room temperature and humidity level.

And turn out to be the humidity level is stay around 50%.
If rain will be abt 60% Max.
If sunny day will be at 40% Min.
But if I close the window will stay at 50%.

After got my 1st DSLR anon 450D and wanted to save $$$ to buy a dry cabinet.
but after monitor the humidity level in my room.
since like is still within the specification range of the dry cabinet. (I think.. been reading the forums abt dry cabinet spec and range)

All the long I kept my DSLR in my camera bag well protected inside my cloth drawer.:lovegrin:

So now my question.... Should I buy a dry cabinet or just buy a dry box?:think:
Or may be I save the $$$ and invest into other stuffs for my DSLR....
Since the humidity level is still within the range.:dunno:

i think a dry cabinet is 1 of the must have items
dry box more troublesome need to change the silicia gel
btw its humidity not humanity:bsmilie:

i'm sorry, but i had to laugh.. it's humidity..

if you would want to lower your humanity level in the room, you would need to do more drastic stuff like torture little animals, etc

but anyways, if you are going to go into this long term, get a dry cabinet. i doubt your humidity meter is working properly, if you open the window, in singapore, believe me, until you go overseas to less humid places, you will realise that singapore is indeed very humid. i doubt you can get 40% naturally, unless you keep your air conditioner on most of the time, perhaps.

i think very much depends on the location of the gauge if u discount the possibility that it super inaccurate. so unless u are able to store it right next to where the gauge is, i wouldnt suggest leaving in a bag.

if you would want to lower your humanity level in the room, you would need to do more drastic stuff like torture little animals, etc

boss,

u have been very naughty lately leh. hahahahahah

jay the good boy

but anyways, if you are going to go into this long term, get a dry cabinet. i doubt your humidity meter is working properly, if you open the window, in singapore, believe me, until you go overseas to less humid places, you will realise that singapore is indeed very humid. i doubt you can get 40% naturally, unless you keep your air conditioner on most of the time, perhaps.

That's what I thought too when I saw the title of the thread... :bsmilie:

Yeah, I also think TS' humidity guage is not working properly. The humidity level in Singapore is about 90%. In my room, it usually read 70% when I open the dry cabinet....hmmm maybe my dry cabinet humidity guage is spoilt....:think:

If using air-con to keep the humidity down, it will be cheaper to get a dry cabinet in the long run, due to the energy cost. Unless there are other reasons for switching the air-con 24/7

That's what I thought too when I saw the title of the thread... :bsmilie:

Yeah, I also think TS' humidity guage is not working properly. The humidity level in Singapore is about 90%. In my room, it usually read 70% when I open the dry cabinet....hmmm maybe my dry cabinet humidity guage is spoilt....:think:

If using air-con to keep the humidity down, it will be cheaper to get a dry cabinet in the long run, due to the energy cost. Unless there are other reasons for switching the air-con 24/7
i had the same thoughts as u, thinking the TS gauge had gone nuts... but look at his location, doubt TS is in SG.

OH... I am so sorries.........

Anyway... since like everyone is enjoy it.. Is ok for me...:p

BTW I'm not staying in SG now..
I think there is nothing wrong with my guage too.....

I also thinking of long term......... :rolleyes:
like that....... need to re-think again.......
I think pocket burn hole again.......:cry:

just felt that it's better to burn this hole than to burn the hole when u need to send ur array of gears for cleaning.

All the long I kept my DSLR in my camera bag well protected inside my cloth drawer.:lovegrin:
The cloth drawer is one of the worst place in the house to put yr camera bag, its humid inside and it also traps the moisture, u would do better put yr bag outside on the desk, of course the best is to buy a electric dry cabinet.

OH... I am so sorries.........

Anyway... since like everyone is enjoy it.. Is ok for me...:p

BTW I'm not staying in SG now..
I think there is nothing wrong with my guage too.....

I also thinking of long term......... :rolleyes:
like that....... need to re-think again.......
I think pocket burn hole again.......:cry:

where are you staying?

if it is a not so humid country, then no point.

uk is humid sometimes only, when it rains, i don't use any dry cabi here either.

where are you staying?

uk is humid sometimes only, when it rains, i don't use any dry cabi here either.

I'm staying in Tokyo...
Ya... I also understand....
But also thinking just getting a dry box instead....

The cloth drawer is one of the worst place in the house to put yr camera bag, its humid inside and it also traps the moisture, u would do better put yr bag outside on the desk, of course the best is to buy a electric dry cabinet.

oh...like that........Just shifted my DSLR....:sweat:

where are you staying?

I also don't use a dry cabinet in UK. even humid, it won't reach the level in Singapore....:bsmilie: I just keep the lenses in separate camera bag. I have got 2 a lowepro belt pack and the lowepro orion AW. I usually just carry my DSLR out with the belt pack, so I leave the rest of my lenses in the Orion AW.

I'm staying in Tokyo...
Ya... I also understand....
But also thinking just getting a dry box instead....

You should have said where you stayed earlier. Since you are staying in Tokyo and the humidity is correct, then there is no need for a dry cabinet. You probably need some place to put your lenses and stuff, so that they don't accidentally fall off the table or shelf. ;)

Oh you should see the humanity level in Myanmar now... !

get a dry box will do, save a bit of money for lens instead.
tokyo weather not so humid 1 and is not as bad as sg.

I also don't use a dry cabinet in UK. even humid, it won't reach the level in Singapore....:bsmilie: I just keep the lenses in separate camera bag. I have got 2 a lowepro belt pack and the lowepro orion AW. I usually just carry my DSLR out with the belt pack, so I leave the rest of my lenses in the Orion AW.

Oh...... UK humidity is Low also.. I tot is high?....

You should have said where you stayed earlier. Since you are staying in Tokyo and the humidity is correct, then there is no need for a dry cabinet. You probably need some place to put your lenses and stuff, so that they don't accidentally fall off the table or shelf. ;)

sorries....
Like that may be I just get a dry or plastic box to keep my other stuffs.

Thanks for your advice....:angel:

get a dry box will do, save a bit of money for lens instead.
tokyo weather not so humid 1 and is not as bad as sg.

OK... Just the dry dox w/o the silicon bag will do??? (Is that what u call it???.. silicon bag or gel)

will go for shopping this weekend......:sweatsm:

Status
Not open for further replies.