Huge nest found! Noob Question - Anyone knows what bird it belongs to?

Where2shoot

Jan 10, 2014
East
Hi all,

Was walking around the confines of my estate and spotted this really huge nest high up in one of the Albizia trees (I believe that it is what is called..). Based on my guestimate - its at least 2.5M X 2.5M in size. Anyone knows if a particular species of bird can be pegged to it? Maybe it is an abandoned nest that has served its purpose?

It was getting dark so i took a shot of the empty nest. Will camp there soon to see if anything comes home.

Pardon the newbie-ness - I am 1 week old as a bird photographer!

37278155495_c3bacdc0ed_z.jpg

The nest may not be empty unless you climb up and look inside... Over time observe the activities around the nest from a distance
Could be a KIte's nest or some other quite large bird
The first rule birding is not to disturb the nest :)

Last edited:
it looks like nest of some raptors.
it may or may not be active now or may come back in future to nest.

The nest may not be empty unless you climb up and look inside... Over time observe the activities around the nest from a distance
Could be a KIte's nest or some other quite large bird
The first rule birding is not to disturb the nest :)

Definitely not going to disturb the nest. I am a nature lover first followed by a photographer wannabe a close second! haha.

it looks like nest of some raptors.
it may or may not be active now or may come back in future to nest.

I definitely have seen a few kites or maybe some other sort of raptors flying in my area a couple of months back and frequently.

Haven't seen them lately - or maybe i just haven't caught the right timing. Hopefully they are still in the area!