Huey calibrator and iPhoto colour shift

Status
Not open for further replies.

twt

Mar 8, 2006
Hi there,

Are there any Mac users who are successfully using the GretagMacbeth Huey calibrator and iPhoto? I just discovered that the Huey calibrated profile is causing photos viewed in iPhoto to have a colour shift when opened. If I disable the Huey profile, there is no colour shift. When I enable the calibrated profile, the colour shift comes back. Anyone else experience this too? Is there a fix for it?

Thanks,

Hi there,

Are there any Mac users who are successfully using the GretagMacbeth Huey calibrator and iPhoto? I just discovered that the Huey calibrated profile is causing photos viewed in iPhoto to have a colour shift when opened. If I disable the Huey profile, there is no colour shift. When I enable the calibrated profile, the colour shift comes back. Anyone else experience this too? Is there a fix for it?

Thanks,

I find it only accurate for CRTs. It gives my LCDs a weird color cast.

Gave mine away and got a Eye-one display 2.

Just as a follow up to my initial post, I realised that the problem only occurs with RAW images. JPEG are fine. I think iPhoto initially opens the jpeg thumbnail of the image which is fine but when it processes the RAW image, some how the difference in monitor profile causes it to screw up and posterize the photo. I don't understand how iPhoto views the RAW image because Preview views RAW images fine so there must be something wrong with the way iPhoto handles the RAW conversion with a different monitor profile. Anyways I decided to change my workflow and use Bibble Pro to process my RAWs and iPhoto only for viewing and cataloging jpeg.

The Huey does take away the yellow cast of my IBM notebook so I'm some what happy about that. I see the problem with the Huey is that the software doesn't calibrate for color shades/gradient. Only does it for grey scale. I wonder if there are any other calibrating software that can be used with the Huey...

Status
Not open for further replies.