HUAWEI

Yappy

May 30, 2004
Will you use Hua Wei HP?

Today is HW, tomorrow can be any other brand. So, going forward, this issue becomes an international problem. If the worry is about spying, google already officially indirectly say they are spying liao from this action. Try to google something and see 8f advert pops up now and then.

Today is HW, tomorrow can be any other brand. So, going forward, this issue becomes an international problem. If the worry is about spying, google already officially indirectly say they are spying liao from this action. Try to google something and see 8f advert pops up now and then.
I am a supporter of Huawei, but the recent incident has made me otherwise.
Huawei spent millions and millions to promote her product and yet fail in the recent promotion.
Huawei, what's in your mind?

27 outlets selling the $54 hp which cost $198 before promotion. Taking away 5% profit, the hp costs about $188.
For 30sets per store, huawei spent 30x$134(188-54)x27=$108540 for bad publicity. Cheap publicity.

I want to believe HW or any other manufacturer want this kind of publicity. I understand they did state 30 pcs per outlet, correct me if I am wrong. So what they failed to envisage is the crowd and how to deal with it. I also understand they also give up queue numbers which is what others didn't do when they encountered such a problem. However, those queue numbers didn't help.

So, if they have only 30 sets per outlet, should they do such promotion and have others done similar promotion before? Maybe it was the pricing or just handphone is just too good to sell at $54? Haha

I mean don't want

They are now spending $500,000 to recover loss ground and they are also facing CASE too.

Bad lesson learnt!

Don't blame only the phone company. It takes 2 hands to clap. This incident is also a reflection on elderly Singaporeans + elderly PRs. Common sense will tell you that the number of phones is limited in such a promotional offer. People know that. That is why some queued up very early. Why kick up a fuss when supply cannot meet demand? Do you recall news reports of long queues in Singapore on the first day promotional free food offer by a hawker stall or restaurant? Some of them arrive in expensive limousines to get free food. By the way, the Huawei Y6 Pro phone CMI. Not good enough. So $54 is not the point.

Last edited:
Don't blame only the phone company. It takes 2 hands to clap. This incident is also a reflection on elderly Singaporeans + elderly PRs. Common sense will tell you that the number of phones is limited in such a promotional offer. People know that. That is why some queued up very early. Why kick up a fuss when supply cannot meet demand? Do you recall news reports of long queues in Singapore on the first day promotional free food offer by a hawker stall or restaurant? Some of them arrive in expensive limousines to get free food. By the way, the Huawei Y6 Pro phone CMI. Not good enough. So $54 is not the point.

It is always the people who manage the promotion.
I believe the company is not stingy on spending.
But why do you allow consumer to give negative feedback?
They should learnt from other phone company e.g. iPhone who managed their promotion well.
There were many such events. They are good reference for HW.