HTC says their hp cam as good as DSLR

Actually I got my answers all correct as smartphone, there're subtle differences like the resolution shortcoming (DSLR may sometimes overexpose) and certain 'look' hard to explain. I don't buy these marketing crap! haha I took pics with my lowly 3gs, naked lens too (no image manipulation, doesn't mean it's like a dslr
http://i46.tinypic.com/35mhz4x.jpg

Last edited:
These images doesn't really even give up a fair game. If they want to compare the quality of their photos to those of the dslr, then they should use the same subject. Then we will see the big difference. HTC says their photos can compare to those from dslrs, I say to HTC, STFU. haha :p

Last edited:
Actually can tell la...

But that said, I think the subtle point here is that camera phones are improving everyday.. Of course there may never be a day where smartphone images are as good as those from DSLR, but I do recall an article that highlighted that considering the sensor size, the camera phone is really doing very well.

Well, the best camera is the one with you, right? If you see something beautiful, and you don't have a DSLR, at least having the option of being able to capture it with the smartphone (which I assume will always be around) is better than not having any option at all. Let's not get too riled up by marketing tactics. Cheers.

edutilos- said:
Actually can tell la...

But that said, I think the subtle point here is that camera phones are improving everyday.. Of course there may never be a day where smartphone images are as good as those from DSLR, but I do recall an article that highlighted that considering the sensor size, the camera phone is really doing very well.

Well, the best camera is the one with you, right? If you see something beautiful, and you don't have a DSLR, at least having the option of being able to capture it with the smartphone (which I assume will always be around) is better than not having any option at all. Let's not get too riled up by marketing tactics. Cheers.

i guess having the next best thing is better than having none at all? camera phones have come a long way since the vga era..

I'm a HTC user (Desire HD). All I can say about HTC is that their marketing suck! For instance, htcsense.com was one of the biggest selling point at that time, backup SMS, track phone, backup decide, etc etc. However, when noticed the absense of these features I contact the support team only to be told that these features are not all release yet as they're upgradin the system. The features are still not enabled after 1 year!! Just recently, they've decided to close down the site for another upgrade, and this time indefinately.

This is an example of how HTC marketing and be misleading, you'll only have to use the device to know for sure, and for people in Singapore, we usually have 2 years (contract period) mulling over the bad decisio we made purchasing a HTC phone.

hahahahaha...totally nonsense marketing...

photo taken by a "professional digital camera" doesn't equate to good photos.
and the subjects are purposely chosen to show off lousy photos taken with a "professional digital camera" vs much better composed and thought out photos by the HTC phone.

I'm a HTC user (Desire HD). All I can say about HTC is that their marketing suck! For instance, htcsense.com was one of the biggest selling point at that time, backup SMS, track phone, backup decide, etc etc. However, when noticed the absense of these features I contact the support team only to be told that these features are not all release yet as they're upgradin the system. The features are still not enabled after 1 year!! Just recently, they've decided to close down the site for another upgrade, and this time indefinately.

This is an example of how HTC marketing and be misleading, you'll only have to use the device to know for sure, and for people in Singapore, we usually have 2 years (contract period) mulling over the bad decisio we made purchasing a HTC phone.

i feel for you man....

when I bought my HTC Flyer...HTC promised Honeycomb upgrade
while every other devices get Honeycomb upgrades.....HTC Flyer users were still waiting and waiting....for more than half a year....no sound no picture....

not bad..i got 7/10 correct haha..
But those photos were all sooo small…and the shooting conditions are almost perfect..so of course the phone camera will do well..
Granted, phone cameras are getting better by the day…but they will never be able to overtake a proper DSLR in the proper hands that's for sure..it's called a phone for a reason..

Actually, HTC quite smart…they removed the metadata from all the photos :)
But you can still look at their filename and it will tell you which photo is DSLR and which is smartphone…that's their filenames hehe

Last edited:
I got 7 out of 10. Looked at depth of field and dynamic range to decide.

got 6. mostly is based on DR also.

other wise, its really technique difference...

just another way/line of marketing.

UOdIf.jpg

not bad le..took this on my desire hd back then..