HSBC Women's Champion

shelomoh

Mar 17, 2009
The below was taken from the actual site. Do visit the actual site http://www.hsbcgolf.com

On-Site Restrictions

While preparing to attend the HSBC Women’s Champions, please observe the following restrictions:

* No autographs are permitted once a player begins a competitive round, Thursday - Sunday. A player may elect to sign autographs prior to or at the conclusion of their round.
* No cellular phones.
* No cameras or camcorders (other than Monday through Wednesday, for personal use only).
* No coolers permitted on Tournament grounds. Patrons are also prohibited from bringing their own alcoholic beverages. Beer is available at concession stands. Please be prepared to show proof of age. Patrons will not be allowed to leave the Tournament with open containers of alcoholic beverages. No outside food or beverages.
* No containers, backpacks, large bags are permitted on the grounds.
* No noise producing electronic devices, TVs, radios.
* No weapons (regardless of permit), including, but not limited to: firearms, knives, and any other item the Tournament deems unlawful or dangerous in its sole discretion.
* No pets (other than service animals) are permitted on the grounds.
* All bags are subject to search and unauthorized items will be confiscated.

Looks like we can't take photos there. It is just interesting how they word the restrictions. The tournament is on days other than Monday through Wednesday.

Anyway, who still going?

The below was taken from the actual site. Do visit the actual site http://www.hsbcgolf.com

Looks like we can't take photos there. It is just interesting how they word the restrictions. The tournament is on days other than Monday through Wednesday.

Anyway, who still going?
looks pretty normal. I am guessing they have sold the media rights so this is to protect the sales. Anyway golf is too slow and tedious for me, most likely not going.

Last edited:
looks pretty normal. I am guessing they have sold the media rights so this is to protect the sales.

The rights are one thing but a bigger issue is simply giving the players the right conditions to play golf in. If you have a camera going off just as you take your shot, it can really throw you. To have massed ranks of uneducated and untrained photographers happily clicking away as you address your shot is just wrong.

The rights are one thing but a bigger issue is simply giving the players the right conditions to play golf in. If you have a camera going off just as you take your shot, it can really throw you. To have massed ranks of uneducated and untrained photographers happily clicking away as you address your shot is just wrong.
Thats not the problem....the problem is how many of the folks will actually listen when informed no phototaking or flash photography when the golfer is taking the shot.

I believe the tournament should practice more strict rules like ejecting "photographers" who keep disrupting the proceedings no matter who they are.

Thats not the problem....the problem is how many of the folks will actually listen when informed no phototaking or flash photography when the golfer is taking the shot.

I believe the tournament should practice more strict rules like ejecting "photographers" who keep disrupting the proceedings no matter who they are.

Erm, that's exactly what I said. Whereas you said it was a right issue...

And how is ejecting "photographers" who keep disrupting the proceedings "more strict" than simply banning photography altogether?

Erm, that's exactly what I said. Whereas you said it was a right issue...

And how is ejecting "photographers" who keep disrupting the proceedings "more strict" than simply banning photography altogether?
It makes more noise publicity-wise. Imagine the feedback from Stomp and networking sites like Facebook, Twitter. especially if the one ejected is from here or is a public figure or from a major publication.

This kind of things tends to stay in people memory longer. I believe the US army calls it "shock and awe" tactic.

With this, the people are free to bring camera but in their head is ingrained when to shoot and when not to shoot during such tournaments.

Last edited:
With this, the people are free to bring camera but in their head is ingrained when to shoot and when not to shoot during such tournaments.

Photography is not allowed at any high level golf tournaments.

Photography is not allowed at any high level golf tournaments.
because people dont listen to instructions given so boh pian, everyone is affected because of the few. Then again..this way the golfers have a few things less to blame for a less then perfect shot.

Last edited: