HSBC TreeTop


Status
Not open for further replies.

ernest_ted

Senior Member
Jul 10, 2003
897
0
0
53
Jurong Lake District - West
Visit site
#3

kitkat

New Member
Mar 5, 2005
568
0
0
#5
HSBC Tree Top

1) dawgbyte77
2) NMSS_2
3) kitkat (morning if possible... not cfm)
4)
5)
 

Aug 12, 2003
291
0
0
44
SengKang
www.pbase.com
#6
ernest_ted said:
Those planning to go better wear hiking gear.

From MacRitchie its about 4.5km. From SICC (island) its abt 2.2km.
Have fun
I've just been there two weeks ago, wearing sandals. :)

The quickest way to go is to take a cab all the way into SICC and then walk to the ranger station, not really that far, just follow the signs. From the ranger station, it is a short walk to the tree top walk. The tree top walk is very short, nothing much to see.

Be prepared for rain coz the day I went, it rained quite heavy the moment I reach the ranger station and I saw a lot of people drenched to the skin because there is no shelter all the way and the walk is one way.
 

Mar 27, 2005
1,164
0
0
Singapore
#7
I'm sorry. Its May 2, Monday. I won't be in Singapore yet on May 1 (vacation). Sorry. Anyway, its free and easy trip. Never been there myself so some friends (non photog) going and might as well make it a group thing. I'm planning to be there around 8:30am (The park is open 8:30am to 5:00pm). Anyway, for those confirmed, I'll PM you my contact.

HSBC Tree Top

1) dawgbyte77
2) NMSS_2
3) kitkat (morning if possible... not cfm)
4)
5)

For those who shared tips, thanks. Would have been nice to have sunrise or sunset but Park timing doesn't allow that. I also thought of rain so most likely just balance the gear you need against the hiking you will do, plus at least a small umbrella in the bag (mine is always stuck in my water bottle net).

Notice the link is not working so here it is again. It shows the bus or route and other info about the tree top.

http://www.nparks.gov.sg/nparks_cms/display_level2.asp?parkid=8&catid=9
 

#8
"What is the opening hours ?
Tue to Fri: 9.00 a.m. – 5.00 p.m.
Sat, Sun and Public Holidays: 8.30 a.m. - 5.00 p.m.
Note: The HSBC TTW is closed on Mondays except public holidays for maintenance and research. "

Is it consider a holiday or a monday that is closed for their maintenance and research?
 

Mar 27, 2005
1,164
0
0
Singapore
#9
Yep. Monday is considered a holiday. But just to be sure. I'll give them a call. =)
 

Mar 27, 2005
1,164
0
0
Singapore
#11
uncleparty said:
been there. its quite a walk if u dun follow songandesther's directions.
Oks. Gonna print that one out. Never been there before so all landmarks are new to me, but then again, if everything is new then everything nice to shoot. :hearts:

Checked with NParks. May 2 is considered a holiday.

:cheergal: :cheergal:
 

tavy

New Member
Dec 9, 2004
115
0
0
Sengkang
#12
dawgbyte77 said:
Oks. Gonna print that one out. Never been there before so all landmarks are new to me, but then again, if everything is new then everything nice to shoot. :hearts:

Checked with NParks. May 2 is considered a holiday.

:cheergal: :cheergal:
Hi,

I would like to join....

HSBC Tree Top

1) dawgbyte77
2) NMSS_2
3) kitkat (morning if possible... not cfm)
4) Tavy
5)
 

eric69

New Member
Dec 22, 2003
443
0
0
Global Village
#14
dawgbyte77 said:
Anyone here been to HSBC Treetop? Nice?
Don't waste your time if your main objective is the treetop walk. I'm disappointed with it. :(

If you intend to jog/walk from MacRit Reservoir carpark to the treetop, it's 6+km (one way). However, the walk in the trek is good, and refreshing if you go early in the morning, say, before 7am. The sunrise and morning mist/dew is great for photography.:cool:

Oh, that time I went, my wife and I wore Teve sandals. No problem with it. Hey, hiking shoes is abit overkill lah, unless instead of the "proper" paths provided, you want to walk through virgin bushes.. Also, some of my friends who wore hiking shoes (Timerland) found walking on the wooden paths to be slippery.

Bring lots of water, & mosquites repellents if necessary.

Lookout for the "resident" owl, usually seen sleeping in the tree, I think, about half way along the bridge.
 

Mar 27, 2005
1,164
0
0
Singapore
#15
eric69 said:
Don't waste your time if your main objective is the treetop walk. I'm disappointed with it. :(

If you intend to jog/walk from MacRit Reservoir carpark to the treetop, it's 6+km (one way). However, the walk in the trek is good, and refreshing if you go early in the morning, say, before 7am. The sunrise and morning mist/dew is great for photography.:cool:

Oh, that time I went, my wife and I wore Teve sandals. No problem with it. Hey, hiking shoes is abit overkill lah, unless instead of the "proper" paths provided, you want to walk through virgin bushes.. Also, some of my friends who wore hiking shoes (Timerland) found walking on the wooden paths to be slippery.

Bring lots of water, & mosquites repellents if necessary.
Hehe. Maybe it was not what you have expected. Which is really true. Last time I went to Bukit Timah, I see huge trees, wow! Another tree, hooray! Yet another tree, Yey! Yet another tree, I need Coke. Yet another tree...

So I agree with you to be flexible with the objective/expectation.

Objectives:
(1) Treetop
(2) Photography (macro or telephotos are good, scenery photo also nice)
(3) Exercise
(4) Enjoy nature
(5) Mingle session (meetups)


But they open at 8:30 - 5PM so sunrise and sunset is out of the picture. :thumbsd:
 

eric69

New Member
Dec 22, 2003
443
0
0
Global Village
#16
dawgbyte77 said:
Hehe. Maybe it was not what you have expected. Which is really true. Last time I went to Bukit Timah, I see huge trees, wow! Another tree, hooray! Yet another tree, Yey! Yet another tree, I need Coke. Yet another tree...

So I agree with you to be flexible with the objective/expectation.

Objectives:
(1) Treetop
(2) Photography (macro or telephotos are good, scenery photo also nice)
(3) Exercise
(4) Enjoy nature
(5) Mingle session (meetups)
But they open at 8:30 - 5PM so sunrise and sunset is out of the picture. :thumbsd:
Hehe.. yeah, that's was what I meant, go with an open mind, and enjoy nature. Leave the ipod at home, and listen to the sounds of nature. Don't expect too much to avoid disappointment.

Bridge open at 8.30am. Start the walk at MacRit reservoir at 7am. Just nice to catch the sun rising over the HDB buildings, and the low angle sun rays. Not windy in the morning, you can try taking long exposure photos of the water (for clear reflections). Takes about 1+ hours (or more if got children) to walk from carpark to treetop. If you go later in the morning, you probably end up queuing up at the bridge (& feeding mosquites).
 

stalerine

New Member
Mar 5, 2005
7
0
0
#17
I went there not so long ago with my boy. The weather was a killer. :what: We gave up half way. Must take LOTS AND LOTS of water.
 

icarus

Senior Member
Jan 27, 2002
3,874
0
0
East
#18
We were there this morning... the Tree top walk was great... be prepared to walk 5km to the bridge and 5 more back...
Try to leave your tripods and heavy lenses at home or in your car... your neck and shoulders will be thankful :)

Photography opportunities seems little to me, i took only about 9 shots on film whole morning... :sweat:
 

ctchng

New Member
Jun 10, 2002
93
0
0
48
CCK
Visit site
#19
If u intend to bring children, prepare to carry them along the way or have plenty of stops.


Once u step onto the bridge, there's no U-turn back and the journey back to Ranger station is further, compare to the distance from Ranger station to the bridge.;p
And DRINK PLENTY OF WATER and clear your bowel at the Ranger station. That's the only 'legal' toilet available (if u know wat i mean).;)
 

mohgui

Senior Member
Jan 31, 2005
1,294
0
0
La La Land
#20
been there before. the walk on the bridge is nothing to cheer about. it's a short walk and not much of a scenery to take too. however, the path leading towards it and out of it is interesting. here are some shots of the bridge itself and its surroundings...

 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom