HR in interviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

leonsoh19

Jan 2, 2007
Anyone here ever experienced difficulties answering some questions from the HR personnel in a interviews?

They like to... ask why you wan to leave your present job? why only such short stay in your present company? I mean common, better offer then we leave, anything else other than that are jus lies... maybe they wan to hear some good lies...

Anyone here is a HR by profession?

Not everyone leaves just for the money.. there are lots of reasons: better training opportunities, higher chance of promotion, some people feel that they cannot maximize their potential at the current company, can't get along with boss or colleague(s) at current place, overloaded at present company with little benefits... the only thing you cannot say is because you want more money cause that portrays yourself as greedy and a mercernary, with loyalty only to the highest bidder

I am not from HR but I interviewed hundreds of ppl in my life. Sometimes when we ask questions we are not looking at "what u answer", we are looking at "how u answer", yr altitude, yr choice of words, yr communication skills. If I hire a salesman I would want them to lie to me, if I hire an accountant I would want them to read the numbers clearly to me. Hope u get some ideas.

Well, unds and agree what you guys are trying to say... but sometimes HR make mistakes as well by reading too much into such things...

I jus went for a interview lately (not a marketing position but more or operational jobs which deals with costings), apprently this was the 2nd interview and the HR was in it this time round. It is jus between me and another gal... No prize for guessing, the gal got the job... reason is that the HR lady feels i am a more marketing person.. and the best things is that i have never been in the marketing positions in my whole career and marketing was the last thing in my mind i wanted to do??!!!

Or perhaps, i should posed the questions as are HR really competent and accurate in their readings?...

Dont let 1 failed interview upset u. Move on and find another company and prepare for another interview. A little trick is, send a thank-you note to that HR lady. Who knows maybe tat gal turn down the offer, or the company got another new position, then the HR lady may want to contact u because she already knows u.

haha ya, a matter of fact i did send a thank you letter to them straight after the interveiw...

Perhaps she jus dun like my face... haha...

Or maybe i should try marketing in future... hehe..

Anyone here ever experienced difficulties answering some questions from the HR personnel in a interviews?

They like to... ask why you wan to leave your present job? why only such short stay in your present company? I mean common, better offer then we leave, anything else other than that are jus lies... maybe they wan to hear some good lies...

Anyone here is a HR by profession?
Which is why you should be way prepared for all these. Don't have to write speeches down, but think a bit about the general lines of what you are going to say.

Impromptu is best. You prepare speeches you end up sounding like you're reading from a piece of paper, which is generally the effect you DO NOT want.

i've only went for 1 interview before, and i told the HR off... hahaha... and i get a letter which says they are not engaging me... who cares...

some HR really deserves a scolding...

If you goto a first interview, and it's with HR, you are definately not a serious candidate yet. Maybe you will be short listed, but HR interview are generally for weeding off the pretenders.

HR interviews are a mind field, because if you don't fit the holes exactly, you will be eliminated. The best thing is to interview with the hiring manager first.

This is especially applicable as you move on up.

Back to the original question, it's an HR trap. So, nothing you can do about it becasue they had made up their mind already.

Status
Not open for further replies.