Status
Not open for further replies.

jeanie

May 19, 2005
good morning csers,

thinking of getting a new hp.

currently using k800i and N73

any good recommendations?

how's the new LG shine series?never had experience with LG hp before.

no vertu please.

thanks all

changing your chiu dian?

hmm, since u got GPS in your car, i dun think wanna recommend 6110 to you... i telling my mom to get it, so she won't get lost... hahaha...

SG - HP - not Hewlett Packard - Hand Phone
SG - MP - not Mobile Phone - Member of Parliament

uniquely singapore

Vertu?

Or Iphone, but have to wait until further connection crack available. Currently only available for activation and WIFI.

If not concerned about camera quality, Samsung's line of slim phones are perfect for a woman. Sleek, stylish and functional. Samsung has some of the best slider phones. My mum's D500 is nearly 2 years old and it slides like brand new, unlike the Nokia sliders that I've used, even the high-end series, that becomes un-smooth after some months. Screen and UI (user interface) are quite good too.

Else I'd suggest any of the Sony-E's series of Cybershot or Walkman phones.

changing your chiu dian?

hmm, since u got GPS in your car, i dun think wanna recommend 6110 to you... i telling my mom to get it, so she won't get lost... hahaha...

SG - HP - not Hewlett Packard - Hand Phone
SG - MP - not Mobile Phone - Member of Parliament

uniquely singapore

yup.i got gps in my car.and i heard n95 gps not beri the good wor.
also screen too small for mounting on dashboard for driving.

If not concerned about camera quality, Samsung's line of slim phones are perfect for a woman. Sleek, stylish and functional. Samsung has some of the best slider phones. My mum's D500 is nearly 2 years old and it slides like brand new, unlike the Nokia sliders that I've used, even the high-end series, that becomes un-smooth after some months. Screen and UI (user interface) are quite good too.

Else I'd suggest any of the Sony-E's series of Cybershot or Walkman phones.

i dont need a phone that have good camera quality since i dont really take pics with it.neither do i need one that has mp3 functions since i have my ipods with me.

what i really want in a hp is a sleek,slim and most importantly, LAG FREE.
my n73 lah like ...sigh...

Dopod d810 is good with GPS/mp3 n camera with no fm.

i dont need a phone that have good camera quality since i dont really take pics with it.neither do i need one that has mp3 functions since i have my ipods with me.

Like that, from personal experience, Samsung is highly recommended cos I never tried LG before. I personally like their slim sliders. My mum's got a U600 now. Beri beooooootiful to see and feel, but I dun quite like the touch-sensitive (not push-button) call and terminate buttons, cos there is no tactile feedback to confirm that the button has been pressed or not.

Not sure if I've explained clearly, but go to any Singtel shop to try and you can see what I mean. They have other slim sliders too. Lag wise, never experienced so far.

I find Sony Ericsson phones quite good and have been using them for about 5 years already. Can really see the improvement from Ericsson days to the current Sony Ericsson. Both Samsung & LG phones are pretty cool especially the new series. In Korea, LG & Samsung are very advanced. Maybe you can check out these 3 brands and narrow down based on the features that you would like to have.

Sorry that I have not been much help in recommending a phone model to you. :embrass:

I find Sony Ericsson phones quite good and have been using them for about 5 years already. Can really see the improvement from Ericsson days to the current Sony Ericsson. Both Samsung & LG phones are pretty cool especially the new series. In Korea, LG & Samsung are very advanced. Maybe you can check out these 3 brands and narrow down based on the features that you would like to have.

Sorry that I have not been much help in recommending a phone model to you. :embrass:

yup.i like my k800i but only thing is it's a little bulky for a gal.it's thick.
would like something slim for slipping it into my formal handbag for functions.
same goes for n73, it's thick, and what's worse it's laggy.:cry:

Prada for you :lovegrin:

Just curious how come you need so many phone? :think: Lady Ah Long? :sweat:

was looking at the prada but it's by LG so i'm not sure if it's really that 'usable'?
last thing i want is to get a hp and realise the user interface sucks.and when you go to hp shops, they dont really turn it on for you to try do they?

was looking at the prada but it's by LG so i'm not sure if it's really that 'usable'?
last thing i want is to get a hp and realise the user interface sucks.and when you go to hp shops, they dont really turn it on for you to try do they?

u really very demanding... maybe can meet up with people with these type of fone better... :bsmilie:

yup.i got gps in my car.and i heard n95 gps not beri the good wor.
also screen too small for mounting on dashboard for driving.

my current phone is the N95. The gps is not that bad lah. After the initial lockon, subsequent lock on is very fast. It is quite useful on my US trip recently after my brother got lost in Montery.

Beside they just release a new firmware last week with Assisted GPS.

Dunno about the form factor but the N95 is REALLY the BEST hp I had in for a LONG while.

It has GPS, MP3 player with a NORMAL 2.5mm jack so I can plug in my grado headphone, a normal USB port so I can connect and transfer stuff easily, a 5mp cam, DVD quality video recording, ok battery life, large screen for a phone and not too heavy for its size, great speakers too.

Basacally, it replaces everything in a "small package" like camera, video recorder, mp3, gps, phone, even movie playback.

I used to change phone very often but I think the N95 will be with me for quite sometime.

wind30,

i thought nokia only allows you to activate a country's map of your choice?

ya, i was tempted by it too till i saw the size.besides, i really dont need a GPS in my hp cos i got a mobile GPS too and will usually bring it with me when i go overseas.

the dvd recording vidz sounds good!

Well, you can ask to try it.. =)

yup.i like my k800i but only thing is it's a little bulky for a gal.it's thick.
would like something slim for slipping it into my formal handbag for functions.
same goes for n73, it's thick, and what's worse it's laggy.:cry:

If you don't need a lot of functions on the phone, try the SE K550i. It's pretty slim (at least for me). Thickness is about 1.3cm. Got myself a nice black one. :lovegrin:

jeanie, your N73 lags badly? How old is it? Did you upgrade the firmware?
Thinking of getting a N73 myself, hence feedback from you (N73 user) would be much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.