HP offers for Comdex 05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canonised

Aug 27, 2003
For those saving up to buy inkjet printers, HP is ofering the following:
1. Photosmart 8450
Studio quality 8-ink printing ideal for photo enthusiats and hobbuists.
UP: $599 Comdex: $299! + $5 HP Voucher

2. Deskjet 5740
For high speed printing and professional phot needs
UP: $199 Comdex: $99! + $5 HP Voucher

I think these are great deals so juz pass it on to you nice brudders here.....

For those who have not used HP printers before, do check out the prices of the ink cartridges --- very expensive!

cmwong said:
For those who have not used HP printers before, do check out the prices of the ink cartridges --- very expensive!

They seem similar in price to the other "branded" cartridges in the shops, are you saying they are more expensive compared to the others ? Maybe if you provide numbers it'll help us decide.

ericp said:
They seem similar in price to the other "branded" cartridges in the shops, are you saying they are more expensive compared to the others ? Maybe if you provide numbers it'll help us decide.

i think he meant cost per print... and i dunno if HP started with the InkTanks (Canon) or something... cos when u have all the inks in 1 cartridge, 1 color is low, whole cartridge change, not really cost effective.

ericp said:
Actually, I used HP 810C before, 1 black 1 colour $110+. Now using Epson R210, each colour $20, 6 colours ~$120.

Not much difference. Just that the R210 gives me better colour. Hee.

FACTS:

1. HP, Canon, Epson, etc... for each consumer printer they sell, they actually lose $$$.
2. Inkjet ink is actually known as "Liquid Gold" coz gsm for gsm, the dye is actually more expensive than gold..... the manufacturers are actually making $$$ from trading gold..

Status
Not open for further replies.