HP camera war

Status
Not open for further replies.

angmoh

Apr 21, 2005
AMK
Which one is better for photo taking ?

Sony Ericsson K800i with built in flash or Nokia-N73 which is using Carl Zeiss lens but
only use "Toss light".
Both of them are 3 Mega Pixel built in camera

Share your opinion ?

Have you actually bothered to try reading up on the cellphone review sites like mobile-review.com?

Seriously, they do side-by-side comparisons.

and the K800i/K810i is better. :)

Have you actually bothered to try reading up on the cellphone review sites like mobile-review.com?

Seriously, they do side-by-side comparisons.

and the K800i/K810i is better. :)

yeah..Cyber shot..better than a 1D which clocks 8fps oni..with Cyber Shot u get 9 ley..:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

K810i has built in image stabiliser. This should be rather useful since my K800i seems rather prone to handshake.

doesn't the K800i also have the built in image stabiliser? remembered seeing it somewhere while playing with my friend's phone..

i have the n73 and usually shoot without flash. works ok for me. :)

I am quite disappointed with the 3.2mp Carl Zeiss camera of the Nokia N73, i just bought not long ago. Putting it at the highest resolution i thought will gives a decent photo, maybe same quality as an older 2.0mp digicam... but when i saw the full size photo on the p.c, it looked worst than anything... :bsmilie: I'm referring to the pics below... At a car park i saw a rather rare $325K 4.2i V8 414bhp Audi RS4, so went to snap a few pics of it... i didn't expect the full size pic on the p.c will look so yucks. Only in these reduced size version, maybe ok though... :sticktong

3y64lu9.jpg

4dm9jjo.jpg

3ye536a.jpg

I am quite disappointed with the 3.2mp Carl Zeiss camera of the Nokia N73, i just bought not long ago. Putting it at the highest resolution i thought will gives a decent photo, maybe same quality as an older 2.0mp digicam... but when i saw the full size photo on the p.c, it looked worst than anything... :bsmilie: I'm referring to the pics below... At a car park i saw a rather rare $325K 4.2i V8 414bhp Audi RS4, so went to snap a few pics of it... i didn't expect the full size pic on the p.c will look so yucks. Only in these reduced size version, maybe ok though... :sticktong

true...i'm not comparing my n73 against my digicams (image quality still not up to par), but it's a lot better than my previous crappy vga phone. :bsmilie:

It is all in the lighting.
Car parks are pretty dark and you cannot really expect good photos from HP cam under poor light. They should perform much better outdoors.

if you really want a camera phone with good quality, go for the sharp 903sh,not available with the local mobile carriers but you can get unlocked sets on ebay. It has a 3.2 mp ccd sensor that takes good photos in the day, nights shots aren't too good. drawback is that camera takes a long time to save file at 3.2mp. I'm using one right now and quite happy with it.

doesn't the K800i also have the built in image stabiliser? remembered seeing it somewhere while playing with my friend's phone..

the image stabiliser only works in certain modes at infinity focus i think

walau...all the HP nwaday has a bigger MP than my A10...so piesai:(

Wow angelo, your pic from your N73 looks nice... it seems different quality from mine...

Today i took 3 pics.

2aj515l.jpg

44bsk86.jpg

433xumh.jpg

I find the middle one ok but the first & the 3rd looks bad. Just like the Audi RS4 pic, not sharp. Washed out details. I wonder if it's becoz i didn't keep my hands very still? Probably the 2nd pic i manage to kept my hands very still? It looks better than the others...

These 3 pics are just cropped from the full size pic. Not reduced in size. So i considered the quality quite lousy...

or thailand's 5mp imobile 902? :D

img01447ux2.jpg

img01455qu4.jpg

img01456mu4.jpg

If you really want to know:

Nokia N73 vs Samsung D900 vs Sony Ericsson K800i
http://www.gsmarena.com/n73_d900_k800_photo-review-102.php
Conclusion:
N73 - soft images, bad details, oversaturated colours, super aggressive sharpening, unnatural photos. Very often, photos look like water colour painting
D900 - Preserves ALOT of details. Bad thing is, photos doesn't seem to have contrast boosted, sharpened, denoised AND saturation increased.
K800i - Great colours. If there's a very high contrast edge, it's sharpened very well. Amazing flash. However, very often, there's a total lack of fine details.

Nokia N80 VS Sony Ericsson K800 VS Sony Ericsson K750
http://www.gsmarena.com/3mp_test_nokia_n80_se_k800-review-79.php

LG KG920 VS Sony Ericsson K800 VS Nokia N73
http://www.gsmarena.com/kg920_k800_n73_photo-review-125.php

If you really want to know:

Nokia N73 vs Samsung D900 vs Sony Ericsson K800i
http://www.gsmarena.com/n73_d900_k800_photo-review-102.php
Conclusion:
N73 - soft images, bad details, oversaturated colours, super aggressive sharpening, unnatural photos. Very often, photos look like water colour painting
D900 - Preserves ALOT of details. Bad thing is, photos doesn't seem to have contrast boosted, sharpened, denoised AND saturation increased.
K800i - Great colours. If there's a very high contrast edge, it's sharpened very well. Amazing flash. However, very often, there's a total lack of fine details.

Nokia N80 VS Sony Ericsson K800 VS Sony Ericsson K750
http://www.gsmarena.com/3mp_test_nokia_n80_se_k800-review-79.php

LG KG920 VS Sony Ericsson K800 VS Nokia N73
http://www.gsmarena.com/kg920_k800_n73_photo-review-125.php

Wow.. that's a great information.
I believe other CSer also will benefit and can be used as reference.
How can you find all these information BTW ?
Thanks dude !

Status
Not open for further replies.