Hoya vs Tokina Polarizering filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

qING

Jan 3, 2006
I am not newbie here but I am newbie to DSLR stuff...

Anyway, my friend is getting a polarizering filter for her 400D. There are two brands to choose when we got to the shop.

They are Hoya and Tokina. However, Hoya is very much expensive as compared to Tokina. I wonder why. Someone wrote here that Hoya is a part of Tokina.

Q1) I did google but I don't find anything information that I want. So how do choose between the two? What is so good about Hoya as compared to Tokina? Can I really see the difference?

Q2) I also discovered online that there is circular and linear filter. So for 400D, I supposed that she should get circular filter, am I right?

Q3) There seems to have also 2 types of Hoya filters. One type cannot attach another filter. Is there a name for it? I never hear properly. Is there any other differences between the two types?

Thank you very much!!! :)

Actually there's quite afew varieties, i recommend the Hoya, i'm using it, erm another brand to try, B+W, it's made in Germany, good stuff, erm i have some pics, here's the link, http://picasaweb.google.com/faizcreations , hope it helps

My guess is around $60-80 i can't remember the price, can cheak out the stores around Chatay Photo :)

Status
Not open for further replies.