Hoya UV Filter for 5060

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yypoh

Hi,

does anyone have an idea where I can buy the Hoya filter for 5060 (40.5mm)? I have been searching high and low for the filter but in vain. Do you know how much it costs?

Thanks.

yypoh

yypoh said:
Hi,

does anyone have an idea where I can buy the Hoya filter for 5060 (40.5mm)? I have been searching high and low for the filter but in vain. Do you know how much it costs?

Thanks.

yypoh

maybe u need an adapter to 55mm. i am using it for my 5050, dunno bout the 5060

yypoh said:
Hi,

Thanks.

yypoh

I've not got time to play with the date/time settings yet. Will do it later in the afternoon. Also don't think there is a Hoya filter for 5060 (40.5mm). You may need a step-up adapter.

Not 100% sure if the 5060 is the same as the 5050, but if it is....

U need a CLA-1 adapter tube which is essentially a 40.5mm -> 43mm tube. Then u'll probably want a step-up ring to a more common filter size.. like a 43-52mm ring so that u can buy 52mm filters which are very common.

Thanks. I just bought a not so branded "Vitacon" UV filter.

you need a adaptor tube. if you fit the UV filter directly onto the camera's thread, you'll spoil the lens.

FYI, i have some 43mm brand new UV filters for sale. RP $5 each. Self collect.

Is available at Cp. I bought the 40.5mm UV and Cl PL there.

Hey guys,

Went to CP to check out the CLA-7. The diameter size of the end that attach to the body is 48mm and the end objective is a boyonet mount type. Sianzz! Cannot fit any filter on it. Unless can find a 48mm to 52mm or 55mm adapter tube.

mpenza said:
you need a adaptor tube. if you fit the UV filter directly onto the camera's thread, you'll spoil the lens.

I agreed. When I was using C3030, i have a 'barrel' tube to protect the lens from accidentally being knocked, causing it to be misaligned. A 'naked' extended lens is at risk. The UV filter should be mounted on the barrel, not on the lens.

If that is the case, is there any other way to protect the lens?

shark said:
Is available at Cp. I bought the 40.5mm UV and Cl PL there.

Oh really! Thanks.

shark said:
Hey guys,

Went to CP to check out the CLA-7. The diameter size of the end that attach to the body is 48mm and the end objective is a boyonet mount type. Sianzz! Cannot fit any filter on it. Unless can find a 48mm to 52mm or 55mm adapter tube.
Hi Shark...you got the pricing for CLA-7? Need to get this before i can get the wide conversion lens.

Hi everyone

I got my filter from John 3:16. I saw that CP also has the original Oly 40.5mm filter for the 5060. Worth getting the filter to protect your lens.

The UV 40.5mm filter can be attached directly to the screw thread of C-5060 Wide Zoom lens. You do not need any adapter for this.

However, if you wish to use the TCON-1.7c or the WCON-0.7c then you need to install the CLA-7. The CLA-7 adapter is only to attach lenses. Note that the filter must be removed in order to use the CLA-7 with a lens attached. I know as I tried it out at CP.

Unfortunately to date I am still looking for TCON-1.7c as it is still not available here in Singapore.

The CLA-7 is not compatible with the TCON and WCON of the 5050.You cannot use the TCON-1.7, for example, as the CLA-7 has a bayonet mount and is not threaded!

Sree

Hey...I saw both TCON-1.7c or the WCON-0.7c in Olympus Service Studio...not sure if they sell them tho.

I don't know about C5060Z but for my C-5050Z, when I attach its adaptor to the C-5050Z, it block partially through the viewfinger. Also the flash can get partially blocked. So if possible, try not to use a step-up ring unless real necessary. But having said that, it's a good idea to get a barrel-adaptor to protect the protruding lens and a UV filter to protect the front element of the lens.

BTW, anyone getting the vertical grip for C-5060Z? The whole setup with grip looks cool!

e_liau said:
I don't know about C5060Z but for my C-5050Z, when I attach its adaptor to the C-5050Z, it block partially through the viewfinger. Also the flash can get partially blocked. So if possible, try not to use a step-up ring unless real necessary. But having said that, it's a good idea to get a barrel-adaptor to protect the protruding lens and a UV filter to protect the front element of the lens.

BTW, anyone getting the vertical grip for C-5060Z? The whole setup with grip looks cool!
I'm superbly interested in the grip...but am trying to determine the correct pricing. CP quoted me 320 w/o battery...John 3:16 says the unit hasn't come in yet.

Anyway, Sree...how much did you pay for the filter?

Hi Garvin

I got it as part of the deal when I purchased the C-5060 from John 3:16 about 5 weeks ago. At that time they did not have the filter. I collected it about two weeks ago, after returning from an overseas trip. CP had the OLY 40.5mm UV and polarizer filters.

As I mentioned earlier, if you are not getting the TCON/WCON then I think it most advisable to get the filter. The cap still fits snugly with the filter on.

I like the grip too but am keeping the $$$ for TCON-1.7c. No choice as I have already bought the CLA-7 in anticipation. Anyway I have already blown quite a bit on the FL-50. (All the flashes that I have bought for my Nikon SLR have died on me over the years so I decided to buy one that I intend to use for a while ... and hopefully in a couple of years too when I upgrade to OLY D-SLR)

Sree said:
Hi Garvin

I got it as part of the deal when I purchased the C-5060 from John 3:16 about 5 weeks ago. At that time they did not have the filter. I collected it about two weeks ago, after returning from an overseas trip. CP had the OLY 40.5mm UV and polarizer filters.

As I mentioned earlier, if you are not getting the TCON/WCON then I think it most advisable to get the filter. The cap still fits snugly with the filter on.

I like the grip too but am keeping the $$$ for TCON-1.7c. No choice as I have already bought the CLA-7 in anticipation. Anyway I have already blown quite a bit on the FL-50. (All the flashes that I have bought for my Nikon SLR have died on me over the years so I decided to buy one that I intend to use for a while ... and hopefully in a couple of years too when I upgrade to OLY D-SLR)
Hey,...if you are interested, TK Foto has most of what you need. I requested quotes from them and they just got back to me...look out for my PM concerning the prices...hey...I'm not from TK FOto....if you have lower prices, pls let me know...I'm thinking of getting the battery holder, extra batt, and the UV Filter..

Status
Not open for further replies.