Hoya Multi-lens hood

Status
Not open for further replies.

ark19

Jan 17, 2002
SG
Had been wanting to get the Hoya Multi-lens hood for quite some time. Got an equote from Cathay, but when I called Cathay photos, they always say no stock, call next week.

When I was at Peninsula, looked around to see if I can find it in the shops. When to a shop in the 2nd storey, they have it, but quoted me $22! It's abt 2x of the Cathay equote. Commented to the sales guy that it's quite ex, and that I got an equote for much lower. He then repeatedly ask me:"Then how much you want to pay for it?" I told him the price in the equote and he told me than I can go to the shop and buy, no need to find other shop.

I think he wanted to embaress me in front of his clients...

Well, I left and went to John 3:16 at Funan, met Samuel there (never bought anything here before) and asked abt the hood. He was patient and explained the workings of the hood to me, also told me he had no stock, but can order. And told me the price was in the range of 12 to 15 dollars. I related my experience in the other shop to him, and was told that that particular shop has a lot of "stories". Well, he checked the list price and it's much lower then $22.

This thread is not to complain abt any shop, but to compliment Samuel from John 3:16 for helping me to order the hood and being patient and not trying to rip off a customer... Cheers! :thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

just wondering wats a "multi-lens" hood? meaing it can fit more than one type of lens? diff diameter?

Is this the Hoya hood with a metal ring and rubber support? I think Fotoguide used to sell it at only $10.

John 3:16 is definately one of the better camera shops.

hmmm?what is a multi lens hood?can enlighten me?thx

Originally posted by vince123123
just wondering wats a "multi-lens" hood? meaing it can fit more than one type of lens? diff diameter?

It is a rubber lens hood that can be folded to fit different lenses (Zoom, Tele, Wide and Standard lenses). It's used to cut down glare.

Here's an image of the hood from BHphotovideo.

Below is a list of hood size vs angle (from packaging)
aaa.jpg

Hi Zerstorer, I'd bought stuff from Fotoguide before, agree that the prices there is low, but they are closed down.....

Status
Not open for further replies.