Hoya HMC Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

smtan24

Dec 21, 2005
Tampines
I have been trying to clean my 77mm Hoya HMC filters. Can't seem to get it perfectly clean. It's driving me crazy. Anyone out nows how to get them pristine clean.

The usual methods of Microfibre cloth and a blower are pretty good. If your filter was wet, wait for the water to dry first or put it in a dry cabinet. Try not to use solutions as these sometimes leave marks. In some cases, you may even damage the coating on the filters. Try not to clean too much as this will also wear down the coating.

how about using those lenspens to get rid of them? works well with lenses if im not wrong...

Tried using my micro fiber cloth. I also tried lens pen. No matter how I clean I see swirling marks. You can only see it if you tilt it slightly in the light.

welcome to the world of hoya HMC. :) its a pain to clean. moral of the story: buy super HMC, B+W or Nikon

I move from Hoya HMC to B+W for above reason. B+W quality slightly below Nikon, but it is easier to clean and Germany.

Regards,
Arto.

Isaiahfortythirtyone said:
welcome to the world of hoya HMC. :) its a pain to clean. moral of the story: buy super HMC, B+W or Nikon

Yup. Get Nikon or B+W.

BTW, careful about the Lenspen; read somewhere that it removes the coatings on the filter / glass. Not too sure if there's any truth there.

yyD70S said:
Yup. Get Nikon or B+W.

BTW, careful about the Lenspen; read somewhere that it removes the coatings on the filter / glass. Not too sure if there's any truth there.

How much is 77mm Nikon or B+W filter? They proboably cost an obscene amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.