HOYA HD CPL or HOYA Pro1 D CPL recommendable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ettk75

Nov 30, 2008
Sengkang
Hi all,
I am in need to get a CPL asap coz i am going to Bali soon to take shots. Hope any bros can advise me if to get HOYA HD CPL or HOYA Pro1 D CPL better? Where can I buy HOYA HD CPL, it seems not selling in lot of places?

Thanks.

Get the Hoya HD CPL as the glass is thinner and you won't see any vignetting effect. I'm using both the 72mm as well as 77mm HD CPL. Do note that the polarising effect of Hoya isn't that fantastic as you'd see from B+W though. Hey but it works!

Get the Hoya HD CPL as the glass is thinner and you won't see any vignetting effect. I'm using both the 72mm as well as 77mm HD CPL. Do note that the polarising effect of Hoya isn't that fantastic as you'd see from B+W though. Hey but it works!

Where did u buy it? I ask around and most stores don't sell them; only Hoya Pro1 D.

i use a Hoya HD CPL. 52mm should not be too hard to find. i bought my 67mm from cathay at marina square. instead of going shop to shop, why not just call. recently, i walked into a shop on 6th floor of sim lim.. bought a 67mm CPL for my good friend.. not HOYA, think it was tokina. cheap and not too bad. anyway, that shop has a huge range. why not walk in and take a look? think it's called orient photo.

I got mine(the standard Hoya CPL 58mm) for 42 at TCW

I got mine(the standard Hoya CPL 58mm) for 42 at TCW

actually, how many model of hoya cpl filters?

1. pro1d
2. HD
3. standard
4. what else?

thanks bro's

imho, CPL is one-time purchase for most of us. go for the best if you have the budget. preferably slim type and a large diameter. :)

I have only one CPL - the B+W Kaesermann 77mm slim. The polarizing effect seems stronger than the Hoya I previously own, but frankly speaking the effect isn't day-and-night difference but there is sure a huge price gap between the two.

Using the Pro1D CPL. Works well for me with no visible vignetting & cheaper than the B+W.

Thanks all for the advice.

But wish to know which one is the better HOYA CPL - HD CPL or Pro1 D?

Anyway, bros for sharing...I just got Hoya HD CIR-PL...very good...solid made....:thumbsup:

heard kenko pro 1d series not bad...better than hoya

heard kenko pro 1d series not bad...better than hoya

Not true. Kenko and Hoya are the same company. :) Hoya is meant mostly for the Japanese market while Kenko is for overseas, e.g., Kenko Pro 1D = Hoya Pro 1D. Kenko series is significantly cheaper even though they are optically identical.

THK is the general name of the company: Tokina-Hoya-Kenko. One big happy family. :bsmilie:

is kenko better than hoya?

No. They are identical. My work is in the optics area and we have tested them. :)

The reality is that high end Hoya (e.g. HD series) is NOT inferior to B+W as far as circular polarization is concerned. There may be differences in color rendition, but I've yet to verify that.

actually, how many model of hoya cpl filters?
1. pro1d
2. HD
3. standard
4. what else?
thanks bro's

Go for HD. Reasons (i) thin so vignetting is avoided (ii) HD surface is easier to clean and won't get scratched easily (iii) avoid color cast from the Pro 1D series

Thanks all for the advice.
But wish to know which one is the better HOYA CPL - HD CPL or Pro1 D?

HD series is better. See above.

Last edited:
Not true. Kenko and Hoya are the same company. :) Hoya is meant mostly for the Japanese market while Kenko is for overseas, e.g., Kenko Pro 1D = Hoya Pro 1D.

I thought Kenko was for the Japanese domestic market and Hoya is for the international market?

I thought Kenko was for the Japanese domestic market and Hoya is for the international market?

Yes you are right Kenko is for domestic market and Hoya is for international market. Kenko is also very popular in China too.

Status
Not open for further replies.