hoya filter price???

Status
Not open for further replies.

prehistorik

Nov 12, 2009
Singapore West
hi guys!

i viewed the thread regarding the price guides for dslr filters particularly Hoya brands here at CS. there i found that the 52mm Hoya MC filter is being sold at S$10 (as of 2009) at Lords in Lucky Plaza.

When i bought my DSLR last week at John 316 in Funan, the indian salesperson asked if i wanted to buy that filter above i mentioned. i asked them how much would it cost and they said its S$25. i refused then, knowing that from the thread i would save S$15 from Lord's.

but when i went to Lord's last Sunday and asked for the price of that same filter, they quoted it at same S$25 too...

i would like to ask now if you have any idea how much is a 52mm Hoya MC filter? is the price quoted by both J316 and Lords correct or they were just overpricing me?

thanks guys! i'll be buying a filter this week because i need one....

thanks a lot for your answers....!!!

the price is just a gauge of how much dat item cost...

as it could go n and down, depending on who's the buyer n seller...:bsmilie:

Hi there,

i got it at MS color for the price of SGD 21. Is that consider cheap?
i think the salesman say smething like multicoat type.
The sales person seems nice and friendly.
:)

how much is the 72mm hoya filter? getting for my 18-200mm.

just bought mine (52mm hoya uv filter) from allan photo in funan, paid $20 for it.

The price for 52mm to 58mm filter size, it seems like a "stock market".

Some times the same brand and type of filter can be cheaper, some times more expensive..
Don't know what's going on.. :dunno:

Hi all,
I have one question here. Is this hoya filter suitable for all types of camera? I am using Sony alpha 330 and found out that the Sony filters are all very expensive. I thought of buying one polarizer and it cost around 180. Is there any suitable hoya filter for sony camera?

For the guy who get the filter for $10, perhaps he is getting a discount together with his other purchases? Sometimes, if you buy enough stuff, the sales might decide to throw in the filter FOC...

Hi all,
I have one question here. Is this hoya filter suitable for all types of camera? I am using Sony alpha 330 and found out that the Sony filters are all very expensive. I thought of buying one polarizer and it cost around 180. Is there any suitable hoya filter for sony camera?
Yes. As long your lens filter thread size is the same as the filter diameter.

Hi all,
For dSLR cameras, you need to get the Circular Polarizer filter (CPL). There is a cheaper version of polarizer filter that works on point and shoot cameras...

Last edited:
For dSLR cameras, you need to get the Circular Polarizer filter (CPL). There is a cheaper version of polarizer filter that works on point and shoot cameras...

So i assume the Hoya filter are suitable for the Sony Alpha camera and what i need to get is the CPL. AM i correct to say that? Thanks for the information.;)

Yes. no problem with different camera brand as long as the filter diameter fits your lens.

Ideally, you only want to buy one CPL as you can use it on other lenses. If you have more than one lens, it is advisable to buy a CPL with the largest diameter of your lens. This way, you can use step-up ring on the smaller diameter lens to share your CPL.

Hope I did not confuse you further...

is Hoya HMC UV filter better or Hoya CPL better?

is there any difference between HOYA HMC UV Haze 72mm filter and HOYA HMC UV 72mm filter

Last edited:
Yes. no problem with different camera brand as long as the filter diameter fits your lens.

Ideally, you only want to buy one CPL as you can use it on other lenses. If you have more than one lens, it is advisable to buy a CPL with the largest diameter of your lens. This way, you can use step-up ring on the smaller diameter lens to share your CPL.

Hope I did not confuse you further...

Thanks for the information. Your information is very helpful to me. One more question here, what is the price range of the polarizer (Hoya) so that i have a guide when i want to buy one? Recommended are MS Color, Alan Photo and Cathay photo, am i correct?

Thanks for the information. Your information is very helpful to me. One more question here, what is the price range of the polarizer (Hoya) so that i have a guide when i want to buy one? Recommended are MS Color, Alan Photo and Cathay photo, am i correct?
To get a better idea of the price, you can take a look in the Mass Sales section. Their price is quite good as compare from the outside shops.

Here is an example: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=583083&highlight=Hoya+CPL

is Hoya HMC UV filter better or Hoya CPL better?

is there any difference between HOYA HMC UV Haze 72mm filter and HOYA HMC UV 72mm filter
UV filter and CPL filter serve different purpose. You might want to read up on them.

UV filter and CPL filter serve different purpose. You might want to read up on them.

i have read some info on the difference, so CPL can have addition purpose to filter reflection from glass or water.

how about is there any difference between HOYA HMC UV Haze 72mm filter and HOYA HMC UV 72mm filter

Last edited:
i have read some info on the difference, so CPL can have addition purpose to filter reflection from glass or water.

how about is there any difference between HOYA HMC UV Haze 72mm filter and HOYA HMC UV 72mm filter
Sorry, I have no experience with Hoya UV filters. My recent ones are all B+Ws.

Status
Not open for further replies.