Hoya Close Up with S2

Status
Not open for further replies.

spilopterus

Dec 20, 2005
www.flickr.com
Anyone used Hoya close up lenses with Canon S2. A lot of people have criticised Hoya, but I saw some pics on the net and didn't notice chromatic abherrations. Probably didn't know where to spot and didn't have pictures side by side to compare. That person was using it with an A70 anyway. Thinking about it cause Canon 250D is kinda high. But like they say, you pay for what you get...

I don't have an S2 IS but i use a Hoya +4 close up filter for my 50mm f1.8 II lens. The result is still very sharp despite of having a UV filter below it.

Snoweagle said:
I don't have an S2 IS but i use a Hoya +4 close up filter for my 50mm f1.8 II lens. The result is still very sharp despite of having a UV filter below it.

To the thread starter, sorry to crash your thread.

Snoweagle, have you make printouts of those close up taken by the hoya +4? If yes, what size?

Well, I am also thinking of a similar setup as yours...

wenx said:
To the thread starter, sorry to crash your thread.

Snoweagle, have you make printouts of those close up taken by the hoya +4? If yes, what size?

Well, I am also thinking of a similar setup as yours...

Yes, at regular 4R size and 8R for competitions. The results are pretty good and sharp, though not as sharp as without the +4. I usually use my 50mm with +4 for insect and flower macro photography.

Status
Not open for further replies.