Hoya close-up filters

Status
Not open for further replies.

munfai

Apr 19, 2002
What's the difference between Hoya's close-up filters and macro close-up filters?

Anybody know the price of a set here?

I paid $16 at CP for Hoya +4 close-up filter 52mm. If u good at bargaining (not me), maybe can get at $14.

;)

I think Hoya's close-up filters are those +1 to +4
for +10, Hoya calls it a macro close-up filter, and is in fact a 2 element lens .. CP is selling it for $41 for 52mm, regulars will probably get it cheaper?

more info at http://www.thkphoto.com/catalog/h/004spe.html

..NuTs..

Originally posted by munfai
What's the difference between Hoya's close-up filters and macro close-up filters?

Anybody know the price of a set here?

so what would be better, and in what situation: a set of close up filters, or extension tubes?

by the way since the Hoya +10 is a lens by itself, how does it attach to ane existing lens?

The +10 can be attached on just like any filter (it's got screw threads as well). The whole piece however, is rather thick.

I've got a 49mm +10 filter (used once only) for sale at $30, anyone interested pse PM me.

what's a extension tube? Got any pics to see?

Originally posted by stl
what's a extension tube? Got any pics to see?

From the lens to the say the filter or close up lens etc..the further the distance away btw these 2....the more manify the subject will be. That's extension tube...

Originally posted by siron

From the lens to the say the filter or close up lens etc..the further the distance away btw these 2....the more manify the subject will be. That's extension tube...

not quite true, extension tube is to be placed between the camera body and the lens, to extend the lens further away from the body so that a higher magnification can be attained. So extension tubes can't be used with cameras without interchangeable lens.

Originally posted by Tweek

not quite true, extension tube is to be placed between the camera body and the lens, to extend the lens further away from the body so that a higher magnification can be attained. So extension tubes can't be used with cameras without interchangeable lens.
yeah...u are right. from the body to the lens...

Status
Not open for further replies.