Hoya close-up filters


Status
Not open for further replies.

munfai

New Member
Apr 19, 2002
1,354
0
0
39
#1
What's the difference between Hoya's close-up filters and macro close-up filters?

Anybody know the price of a set here?
 

dbchoong

New Member
Apr 1, 2002
318
0
0
Singapore
Visit site
#2
I paid $16 at CP for Hoya +4 close-up filter 52mm. If u good at bargaining (not me), maybe can get at $14.

;)
 

nuts

Senior Member
Jan 21, 2002
2,051
0
36
47
www.roving-light.com
#3
I think Hoya's close-up filters are those +1 to +4
for +10, Hoya calls it a macro close-up filter, and is in fact a 2 element lens .. CP is selling it for $41 for 52mm, regulars will probably get it cheaper?

more info at http://www.thkphoto.com/catalog/h/004spe.html

..NuTs..

Originally posted by munfai
What's the difference between Hoya's close-up filters and macro close-up filters?

Anybody know the price of a set here?
 

munfai

New Member
Apr 19, 2002
1,354
0
0
39
#4
so what would be better, and in what situation: a set of close up filters, or extension tubes?

by the way since the Hoya +10 is a lens by itself, how does it attach to ane existing lens?
 

Lennier

New Member
Feb 26, 2002
172
0
0
simpleshooter.clubsnap.org
#5
The +10 can be attached on just like any filter (it's got screw threads as well). The whole piece however, is rather thick.

I've got a 49mm +10 filter (used once only) for sale at $30, anyone interested pse PM me.
 

siron

Senior Member
Mar 18, 2002
2,115
0
0
38
somewhere near...
www.geocities.com
#8
Originally posted by stl
what's a extension tube? Got any pics to see?

From the lens to the say the filter or close up lens etc..the further the distance away btw these 2....the more manify the subject will be. That's extension tube...
 

Tweek

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
2,027
0
0
38
East
www.weekai.com
#9
Originally posted by siron



From the lens to the say the filter or close up lens etc..the further the distance away btw these 2....the more manify the subject will be. That's extension tube...
not quite true, extension tube is to be placed between the camera body and the lens, to extend the lens further away from the body so that a higher magnification can be attained. So extension tubes can't be used with cameras without interchangeable lens.
 

siron

Senior Member
Mar 18, 2002
2,115
0
0
38
somewhere near...
www.geocities.com
#10
Originally posted by Tweek


not quite true, extension tube is to be placed between the camera body and the lens, to extend the lens further away from the body so that a higher magnification can be attained. So extension tubes can't be used with cameras without interchangeable lens.
yeah...u are right. from the body to the lens...
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom